The Department of Chemical Engineering at MIT-WPU is the excellent combination of experimental research, industrial training, and experiential projects to prepare students for careers in industry-relevant fields such as Data Analytics for Predictive Process Solutions, Smart Manufacturing Technologies, Process Automation and Control, Process Modeling Simulation and Optimization, Green Energy, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and many others.
The Department is proud to have received numerous research grants from national funding agencies, which help to facilitate and promote research at the Department.
The Rubber Skill Development Council (RSDC), All India Plastics Manufacturers Association (APIMA), All India Rubber Industries Association (AIRIA), Electronica, and SKYi are some of the industry associations affiliated with the Department. The Department has faculty members with years of industry experience.
This department houses four cutting-edge labs: Materials Processing Lab, Materials Synthesis Lab, Materials Testing & Characterization Lab, and Materials Processing and Compounding Lab.
- To develop globally recognised ethical, responsible chemical engineering professionals contributing to nation-building.
- To promote higher education, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst graduates for contributing in infrastructure development.
- To inculcate social responsibility, ethical behaviour, and professional industry practice through partnerships.
- To be a centre of excellence collaborating across other disciplines.
Major Career Tracks
- Chemical Process Modeling and Simulation
- Genetic Engineering
- Reservoir Engineering
- Drilling Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Intelligent and Smart Materials