MIT-WPU's three-year B.Sc. in Economics programme combines the knowledge, tools, and concepts of economics to develop analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills in students. The curriculum, developed by leading academics, provides a macroview of the field with interdisciplinary courses such as Mathematics and Statistics for Economics, Law and Economics, and Green Economics, as well as skills-based courses such as Machine Learning with Python, Risk Management, and Portfolio Management. The programme also includes multiple projects, industry visits, and interactions with industry experts to prepare students for the challenges of the industry.
The interdisciplinary nature of the course allows students to pursue a range of careers, including actuarial analyst, data analyst, economist, financial risk analyst, investment analyst, stockbroker, business development manager, data scientist, diplomatic services officer, management consultant, policy maker, quantity surveyor, and credit analyst. Students will learn to view institutions like government and markets as an interplay of politics, economics, and society governed by global forces at play.
|Scholarship Name||MIT-WPU CET Score|
|Dr. Vishwanath Karad Scholarship (100%)||93 & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship I (50%)||91 & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship II (25%)||90 & Above|
All Scholarships are awarded on a First Come First Serve basis All Scholarships are awarded as fee adjustments.
To continue the scholarship for the entire duration of the programme, a minimum level of the academic score has to be maintained at an 8.5 CGPA across all semesters attendance is to be maintained at a minimum of 80 percent there should be no disciplinary action against the student.
For more detailed information visit our website: www.mitwpu.edu.in/Admissions
Minimum 55% aggregate score in 10+2/Class 12th or in equivalent examination with English subject in any stream (at least 50% marks, in case of Backward class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State only)
Minimum 55% aggregate score in 3-year Diploma from Any UGC approved University with English as a subject.
- Scholarships worth Rs. 40 cr for meritorious students
- National and International internship opportunities
- Research-based & Case-based teaching from India and the rest of the world economies.
- Collaboration with over 200 leading corporates for hands-on training, research, and development
- Curriculum regularly updated in accordance with current trends and needs of the industry in consultation with industry experts and economists
- Agreement with Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt for collaboration in areas of Education, Research, Conferences, Students, and Faculty Exchange programmes
- Dedicated Centre for Industry-Academia Partnerships to support students through structured assessments, training, and grooming activities for the best job opportunities
- Value Added courses focused on developing four quotients in students - Intelligence Quotient (IQ) Emotional Quotient (EQ), Adverse Quotient (AQ), and Spiritual Quotient (SQ).
- Industry visits, guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by eminent corporate leaders from top corporates and institutions such as EY, KPMG, NABARD, and many other corporates
- Embedded skill enhancement courses and workshops in the curriculum to provide hands-on experience in working with software such as Eviews, Python, CrystalBall (Oracle), STATA, R, Excel, and more
- Curriculum focused on preparing students for competitive exams and enrollment in international acclaimed universities
100% placement assistance