M.Tech Petroleum Engineering
The M.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering at MIT-WPU focuses on the exploration, drilling, production, and management of subsurface oil and gas resources. The programme builds on the knowledge acquired in graduation and trains the students in the design and use of the various principles, tools, and systems to locate, extract, process, and refine crude oil and petroleum. The students are trained in the essential drilling and mining systems as well as the various environmental states, laws, and safety systems.
The Department of Petroleum Engineering has developed a strong connection with leading oil and gas companies such as ONGC, OIL, Cairn, Shell India, Halliburton, Weatherford, Baker Hughes, TietoEvry, Enverus, and John Energy International, to name a few, for numerous internships and placement opportunities.
Minimum 50% aggregate score in graduation (4 years) of relevant Engineering Branch from UGC approved University or equivalent (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State only)
GATE Qualified (Obtained a positive score in GATE 2021, 2022, 2023) /MIT-WPU CET/PERA 2023
Sponsored Candidate (Need 2 years of work experience after graduation, in field related to graduation)
- Case-based learning pedagogy
- MoUs with 231+ corporates for training, research, and development
- State-of-the-art lab facilities
- National and international immersion programmes
- Six-month industry internship for work experience
- Skill enhancement courses such as business communication, effective presentation and more
- Minor in Computer Engineering for non-Computer Branches for a competitive edge and added expertise
- Dedicated Centre for Industry-Academia partnerships for internship and placement assistance
- Encouraging entrepreneurship in students through funding, mentoring, and network connection in MIT-WPU Technology Business Incubator (TBI)
- Hands-on training in technologies and tools like iOS Training using Swift, mobile application development (using Kotlin), full stack development, internet technologies, internet of things, data science, cyber security, etc.
- Industry visits, guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by eminent researchers and industry practitioners from Cybage, Inteliment, Xpansion International, Barclays, CISCO among others
100% placement assistance