M.Tech Civil Engineering (Tunnel Engineering)
India is experiencing a high demand for tunnel construction due to various infrastructure projects, and there is a shortage of qualified tunnel engineers to meet this demand. To address this need, the Department of Civil Engineering has launched a Master's programme in Tunnel Engineering in collaboration with Montan University in Leoben, Austria, a leading institution in tunnel engineering education. This programme provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the technologies, machinery, software, and equipment used in tunnel engineering and is taught by experienced faculty and industry experts.
Minimum 50% aggregate score in graduation (4 years) of relevant Engineering Branch from UGC approved University or equivalent (at least 45% marks, in case of Reserved Class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State only)
GATE Qualified (Obtained a positive score in GATE 2022, 2023, 2024) /MIT-WPU CET 2024 /PERA 2024
Sponsored Candidate (Need 2 years of work experience after graduation, in field related to graduation)
The Selection process for this programme is based on the merit of MIT-WPU CET 2024 score / PERA 2024 Score or GATE Score (2022/2023/2024) & Personal Interaction conducted by MIT-WPU.
For admission under sponsored category, candidate should have minimum two years of fulltime work experience in a registered firm/ company/ industry/ educational and/or research institute / any Government Department or Government Autonomous Organization in the relevant field in which admission is sought.
- Choice based credit system pattern
- Project based learning
- State-of-the-art facilities equipped with the latest tools and advanced technologies for research & practical training
- MOOCs and interdisciplinary courses included in the curriculum to boost core competencies in students
- Guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by industry experts and leaders from multinational companies
- Rural, National, and International Immersion programmes to sensitise students to ground level realities and solve complex societal problems
- 6 months industry internships with companies and corporations which include Tata Motors, JCB, Volkswagen, John Deere, Sandvik Asia, Force Motors, Bharat Forge, Mercedes Benz, PARI, Alpha Laval, L&T, EATON, Kirloskar Pneumatic Co. Ltd., HAL Nashik, CUMMINS India Ltd. ARAI Pune, and many others.
- Institutional collaborations with multi- national corporations such as Tata Technologies, Mercedes Benz, Blue Star
- Dedicated Centre for Industry-Academia partnerships to support students through internships and job placements with world-class organizations
- Strong alumni network across the globe
- Scholarships for meritorious students
100% placement assistance