Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
The Bachelor of Education programme at MIT-WPU imparts the skills and art of teaching, adhering to the recommendations of prominent pedagogical experts. Hands-on experiences form an integral component, providing students with numerous opportunities to work in classrooms across different age groups—from primary to higher secondary levels. The programme prioritises peer learning, teamwork, project-based learning, and outcome-based learning, fostering practical expertise in teaching methodologies. Beyond technical skills, the programme places a strong emphasis on instilling a sense of academic and ethical responsibility in future educators. Recognising the crucial role teachers play in shaping the nation's future, the programme underscores the broader societal impact of the teaching profession. B.Ed. aligns with NEP 2020's emphasis on holistic education, fostering the development of educators who can cater to diverse learning needs and contribute to the transformation of the education system.
|Scholarship Name||Graduation Marks||XII Score|
|Dr. Vishwanath Karad Scholarship (100%)||73% & Above||80% & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship I (50%)||70% & Above||75% & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship II (25%)||65% & Above||70% & Above|
All Scholarships are awarded on a First Come First Serve basis All Scholarships are awarded as fee adjustments.
To continue the scholarship for the entire duration of the programme, a minimum level of the academic score has to be maintained at an 8.5 CGPA across all semesters attendance is to be maintained at a minimum of 80 percent there should be no disciplinary action against the student.
For more detailed information visit our website: www.mitwpu.edu.in/Admissions
Minimum 50% aggregate score in 3 years graduation or above degree in any discipline approved by UGC (at least 45% marks, in case of Reserved Class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State only)
And should have appeared in B.Ed. examination by MIT-WPU CET/MHCET/PERA or any other State CET
The selection process for the programme is based on MIT-WPU CET Entrance Exam 2024 & Personal Interaction (PI) score. (In case MHCET/PERA or any other State CET Exam valid score is available candidate goes directly to PI)/p>
- Comprehensive Pedagogy Approach: Integrates global perspectives and diverse teaching methods for next-gen educators. Includes international exposure, film analysis for critical thinking, and holistic well-being practices.
- Curricular Alignment: Adheres to National Council for Teacher Education guidelines, emphasising both theory and practical teaching, and stays up-to-date with MOOCs, content curation, and diverse resources.
- Method Combinations: The method combinations are available for students based on their graduation stream.
They are as follows:
Languages: Marathi, Hindi, Sanskrit, English, German, French
Social Science: History, Geography, Economics
Science: Science, Mathematics, ICT
Special Methods: Commerce, Psychology
- Academia-Industry Partnerships: Dedicated Centre for Industry-Academia Partnerships (CIAP) for comprehensive student support, including assessments, training, internships, live projects, and career opportunities in leading organisations.
- Influential Learning Experiences: Students learn directly from industry figures through guest lectures, seminars, and workshops for unique perspectives.
- Learning Styles and Methods: Addresses visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning styles. Utilises online platforms, mobile-web-based learning, and blends experiential with situation-based learning.
- Advance Trends in Evaluation: Implements technology, online tools and innovative strategies for modern-day evaluation, including online examinations.
100% placement assistance
- Educational knowledge: Select and use appropriate learner-centered teaching methods, and develop necessary competencies for organizing learning experiences.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrate listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in classroom for effective communication in the teaching learning context.
- Critical Thinking: Analyze the Curriculum, construct a blueprint, select appropriate teaching strategies according to needs of students and will conduct action research to solve classroom problems.
- Use of Technology: Develop proficiency in using latest ICT resources for; regular classroom teaching, remedial instruction and providing challenging learning experiences with a blended approach.
- Ethical Awareness: Demonstrate the ability to identify ethical issues related to one’s work by avoiding unethical behavior or not adhering to intellectual property rights and adopting fair/unbiased practices in profession.
- Problem Solving: Diagnose the issues and problems faced by the students inside and outside the classroom and design remedial instruction to address the problem. Offer solutions in school management.
- Teamwork: Exhibit the attitude to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings by demonstrating the ability to perform activities successfully in collaboration.
- Innovation: Design novel experiences to implement curriculum resourcefully for addressing diverse needs of the 21st century learner.
- Leadership Readiness: Develop leadership and managerial skills by demonstrating and adapting various strategies to manage classroom activities and maintain an orderly and workable routine to create a congenial environment.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological/pedagogical change