M.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Design Engineering)
Design engineering is a specialised field within mechanical engineering that focuses on the design and development of practical technologies and applications that solve real-world problems.
The Master's in Design Engineering programme at MIT-WPU teaches students how to design and model various tools and software used in the industry, as well as how to incorporate mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems into product design. The programme also covers the selection of materials for optimal performance and provides hands-on experience through various core and elective courses. The goal of the programme is to give students the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the design elements of complex machines and to develop products that meet the needs of the industry.
Minimum 50% aggregate score in graduation (4 years) of relevant Engineering Branch from UGC approved University or equivalent (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State only)
GATE Qualified (Obtained a positive score in GATE 2021, 2022, 2023) /MIT-WPU CET/PERA 2023
Sponsored Candidate (Need 2 years of work experience after graduation, in field related to graduation)
- Hands-on training in technologies and tools like iOS Training using Swift, mobile application development (using Kotlin), full stack development, internet technologies, internet of things, data science, cyber security, etc.
- Industry visits, guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by eminent researchers and industry practitioners from Cybage, Inteliment, Xpansion International, Barclays, CISCO among others
- Case-based learning pedagogy
- Minor in Computer Engineering for non-Computer Branches for a competitive edge and added expertise
- State-of-the-art lab facilities
- Dedicated Centre for Industry-Academia partnerships for internship and placement assistance
- Skill enhancement courses such as business communication, effective presentation and more
- Six-month industry internship for work experience
- MoUs with 231+ corporates for training, research, and development
- Encouraging entrepreneurship in students through funding, mentoring, and network connection in MIT-WPU Technology Business Incubator (TBI)
- National and international immersion programmes
100% placement assistance