The M.Sc. degree in Physics (Photonics) at MIT-WPU is a multidisciplinary programme that combines theoretical and applied knowledge of core and applied physics, electronics, optics, mathematics, and photonics. This degree, available at only a few universities in the country, provides hands-on training in quantum mechanics, electrodynamics, computational physics, nuclear physics, optics, and other subjects.
The Department also provides training for a career in research and academia through dedicated sessions on research paper and proposal writing, as well as qualifying for the NET and SET exams. Students' overall development is ensured by a variety of MOOCs, professional electives, hands-on projects, yoga and peace sessions, and immersion programmes. Some of the industries they can serve include lasers, fiber optics, lighting, display technologies, photonic devices, photonic sensors, and optical engineering.
|Scholarship Name||MIT-WPU CET Score||XII Score|
|Dr. Vishwanath Karad Scholarship||90 & Above||85 & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship I||86 & Above||81 & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship II||84 & Above||79 & Above|
Minimum 50% aggregate score in 3/4-year graduation from UGC approved University or equivalent (at least 45% marks, in case of Reserved Class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State only)
Graduation should be in B.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics/General Science/Electronics) or B.E./B.Tech. The candidates other than B.Sc. Physics must have Physics as one of the regular subjects in their graduation.
The selection process for the programme is based on MIT-WPU CET PI 2024 score (Personal Interaction).
- Faculty with extensive industry, academic, and research experience
- Opportunity to work on live projects to provide students with hands-on experience and the necessary research focus
- Exposure to new technologies such as GPU programming, AI, machine learning, parallel programming, blockchain technology, quantum computing, and so on.
- Visits, guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by eminent research and industry experts from companies such as Qnu labs, MathWorks, Nvidia Corporation, IBM, and others to keep students up to date on current trends and technology.
- Immersion at the international, national, and rural levels Programmes
- Mentor-mentee interaction provides a student support system.
- Scholarship based on merit
- 6 months of full-time industry internship with reputable companies and research institutions
- National Eligibility Test and State Eligibility Test Coaching
100% placement assistance