MA in Political Leadership and Government
This one-of-a-kind master’s degree is designed to create future leaders in the fields of governance and the political system. It has been founded on the vision of creating ethical, spirited, and committed political leadership for the country from the grassroots level and from all walks of life. The programme gives an in-depth knowledge of various facets like political strategy, analysis, electoral process, functional politics, international and public relations, NGO, media, and more. It also includes two intensive internships for hands-on knowledge application. The programme also boasts of guest speakers actively engaged in the politics and administration of the nation, as well as a national and an international study tour.
|Scholarship Name||Graduation Marks||XII SCORE|
|Dr. Vishwanath Karad Scholarship||90 & Above||85 & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship I||86 & Above||81 & Above|
|MIT-WPU Scholarship II||84 & Above||79 & Above|
Minimum 50% aggregate score in 3-year Graduation in any stream from UGC approved Institution or equivalent (at least 45% marks, in case of Reserved Class category candidate belonging to Maharashtra State onlySelection Process
The selection to the MPG programme is based on MIT-WPU CET 2024 PI (Personal Interaction).
- Experiential learning programme with blend of lectures, thematic workshops, field visits and internships
- Modular approach in teaching for in-depth understanding and applications to practical politics
- Qualified core faculty and visiting faculty consist of academicians, researchers, and practitioners
- Interactive lectures by eminent leaders from Politics, Bureaucracy, Judiciary, Media & Corporates
- Local Field Visits to model villages, Gram Panchayats, Zilla Parishads, Municipal Corporations, Political Party Offices, SHGs/ Co-operative Societies, NGOs, etc.
- Internships related to Election Research, Campaign Management and Constituency Development.
- Mandatory internships with offices of political leaders, political offices and/or political consultancy agencies.
- 10-day National Study Tour to Delhi to witness proceedings in the Lok Sabha / Rajya Sabha, Interact with Members of Parliament from both houses, visits to the North Block, South Block, Supreme Court, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Election Commission, etc.
- 2-Week International Study Tour (Optional)