Ph.D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
A doctoral programme offered by the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering aims to create distinguished professionals who shall play a leading role in transforming the industry through research, advanced development, teaching, or entrepreneurship.
The Department is committed to long-term research in frontier areas like Wireless Communication, Signal Processing, Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning, Computer vision, VLSI Design & Embedded system. Faculty and students of the Department of ECE have published 400+ papers in reputed journals and indexed conferences and filed more than 30 patents in the last three years.
The Department offers the regular PhD programme as well as a PhD programme in collaboration with Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI).
Students and faculty conduct research projects in thrust areas of Electronics & Communication Engineering. The University has ongoing academic and research collaborations with many universities, research institutes, social health care groups and industries. Organizations like Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM), Semiconductors Lab Chandigarh and Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) are also a part of the collaboration enabling the university to keep pace with expanding frontiers of knowledge and global developments.Ph.D. programs offered by the School of Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- Ph.D. (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) in collaboration with ARAI
Ph.D. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
The following candidates are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme
Candidates who have completed:
i) A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institutions accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the commission from time to time.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of commission from time to time.
ii) Candidates who have completed the M. Phil programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of commission from time to time.
Reservation is applicable only to Maharashtra domicile candidates provided they submit the necessary documents for reservation before interview. Outside Maharashtra candidates will be considered in open category.II. Selection Process for the admission to the Ph.D. program
1. Candidates satisfying eligibility criterion shall be called to appear for the Ph.D. entrance test conducted by MITWPU.
The exemption will be given from Ph.D. entrance test for those students who qualify UGC-NET /UGC-CSIR NET /GATE (valid score)/CEED/GPAT (valid score)and similar national tests.
2. PhD entrance test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50% provided that relaxation from 50% to 45% shall be allowed for the candidates belongs to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/Differently abled category, Economically Weaker section (EWS) and other category of candidates. The syllabus of entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
3. The interview/viva-voce will be conducted by the university for test qualifying candidates. For selection of candidates a weightage of 70% to the entrance test and 30% to the performance in the interview/Viva-voce shall be given. For GATE/NET/JRF /SET/GPAT/CEED qualified students, the selection will be based on Interview/Viva Voce
4. The recommended candidates will be intimated through email about their selection and the candidates will be offered Ph.D. provisional admission.
5. The eligibility of a candidate is provisional as per information provided by the candidate in his/her application form and is subject to verification of minimum eligibility conditions for admission to the program, educational documents and reservation documents (if any).
6. University keep rights to cancel admission of the Ph.D. scholars in the case of misconduct by the scholar, unsatisfactory progress/absent for consecutive two progress seminars, failure in any examination related to Ph.D., fabrication found in educational and reservation documents, candidate is found ineligible, involved in plagiarism in paper publications and thesis.
7. Provisional eligibility to appear in the selection process is no guarantee for admission to the program.
8. Candidates who will join PhD program full time, they will be provided with the stipend as per MITWPU norms.
9. PhD admission will be confirmed after successful completion of the course work with 55% or more as per UGC norms. Ph.D. programme should be minimum of three years including course work and maximum of six years from the date of admission to the Ph.D. programme.
10. A maximum of an additional two years (2) years can be given through the process of re-registration provided, however, that the total period for completion of a Ph.D. programme should not exceed eight (8) years from the date of admission in the Ph.D. programme.
11. Provided further that, female Ph.D. scholars and persons with Disabilities (having more than 40% disability) may be allowed an additional relaxation of two years(2) ; however the total period for completion of a Ph.D. program in such cases should not exceed ten (10) years from the date of admission of the programme.
12. Female candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days in the entire duration of Ph.D. programme.
|Ph.D. (Electronics and Communication Engineering)||Ph.D. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) in collaboration with ARAI|
|Signal, Image and Video Processing||Engine Electronic and Management Systems|
|VLSI and Embedded System||Automotive Electronics|
|Internet of Things||Journey Risk Assessment|
|Wireless Communication||Micro Grid and Charging Infrastructure|
|Automotive Engineering||Automotive Real Time Embedded Systems|
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||Model Based Design & RPT|
|CAN & CAN Open Technology|
|Battery and BMS|
|Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment|
|Automation of Manual Transmission system for Electric Vehicles|