The Department of Biosciences and Technology at the School of Science and Environmental Studies is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories, including microbial culture laboratory, an animal tissue culture laboratory, bio-analytical laboratory, plant biotechnology laboratory, electrochemical analysis, and molecular and cell biology laboratory. These facilities provide students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and develop technical skills. The department offers industry-oriented undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programmes that focus on contemporary and future-oriented technical and scientific knowledge in the fields of biological sciences, biotechnology, and microbiology. The curriculum is according to national education policy, promotes self-directed learning, independent learning, industry-focused education with critical thinking, project-based learning, problem-solving, experiential training, and research. In addition, the department offers internships, industry visits, and immersion programmes at local, national, and international locations, as well as regular interactions with practising professionals and researchers. The department also has industry collaborations and skill development training programmes to help students become industry-ready professionals. These opportunities allow students to gain real-world experience and prepare for careers in the industry.
- To develop minds inquisitive about the biosciences and the world around
- To train students to think in a scientific manner and carry out scientific investigations to draw verifiable conclusions
- To develop the skill of effective communication of scientific ideas, and arguments in multiple ways
- To innovate ways of application of scientific ideas, technological and otherwise for the betterment of human beings.
Major Career Tracks
- Research Biochemist
- Sr. Regulatory Affairs Associate
- Biotechnology Researcher
- Plant and Animal Biotechnology
- Aquatic / Fishery Biotechnology and Tissue Culture Industry