Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is consistently ranked amongst the top 100 institutions for Pharmacy in India for last five years by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Ministry of Human Resource and Development. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences offers comprehensive programmes at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels governed by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) regulations and shaped by insights from industry experts, the curriculum emphasises modern and future-oriented technical knowledge, complemented by essential soft skills. The pedagogy fosters a proactive learning environment, focusing on critical thinking, problem solving, adaptability, emotional intelligence, creativity.
Every programme includes modules on peace studies and skill development as integral components. Students benefit from real-world exposure through internships, industry visits, and immersion programmes at local and national industries and academia facilitating interaction with practising professionals and researchers. Equipped with advanced laboratories, the department is home to an Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring Centre (PvPI Centre) approved by the Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission. Students undertake internships and practice school at Multi speciality hospitals such as Vishwaraj, Lokmanya, Sahyadri, Ruby Hall Clinic, Jahangir, and Pharmacy chains like Unity Medicare, as well as industries such as NuLife, Emcure, honing their skills for a well-rounded education.
- To equip students with knowledge, skills, and research aptitude to complete an entry-level position in the industry or pursue higher education.
- To engage in innovative activities by using ingenious thinking to envision better ways of accomplishing professional goals.
- To develop the ability to function effectively both as a team member and as a leader at the workplace and demonstrate appropriate interpersonal behavior.
- To develop the skills, knowledge, and ethics as future professionals in the field of pharmacy.
Major Career Tracks
- Industrial Pharmacist
- Manufacturing Research and Development Scientist
- Packaging, Quality control
- Quality assurance
- IT Pharmacist
- Hospital and Community
- Medical shops
- Drug distributors
- Sales and distribution executive