The Department of Civil Engineering at MIT-WPU is dedicated to producing ethical civil engineers capable of planning, conceptualizing, designing, constructing, monitoring, operating, and maintaining infrastructure, transportation, and public utility projects.
Students learn to integrate their research skills and knowledge of various civil engineering materials into developing infrastructure that effectively meets the objectives and needs of the users.
The two B.Tech programmes in this department provide students with a solid foundation in the field of Civil Engineering by instilling analytical, technical, professional, and management skills.
- To develop globally recognised ethical, responsible civil engineering professionals contributing to nation-building.
- To achieve academic excellence in solving problems in civil and environmental engineering.
- To promote higher education, research, innovation, and entrepreneurship amongst graduates for contributing in infrastructure development.
- To inculcate social responsibility, ethical behaviour, and professional industry practice through partnerships.
- To be a centre of excellence collaborating across other disciplines.
Major Career Tracks
- Intelligent Transport System
- Sustainable Construction Materials & Management
- Intelligent Irrigation Technologies
- Robotics & Automation in Civil Construction