The Department of Design at MIT-WPU stands as a premier design institution in India, offering a spectrum of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes designed to equip students for diverse careers. The programmes encompass fields like visual communication, user experience, interior design, fashion, and more. Students’ contextual understanding of design, creative thinking, artistic prowess, and technical skills are enhanced. Students learn to craft prototypes, interfaces, products, interiors, and user experiences that align with current market trends. Complementing classroom learning, our co-curricular activities encompass entrepreneurship training, interdisciplinary collaborative innovation and research projects, peer learning, and engaging industry visits. Additionally, study tours to renowned institutions such as the National Institute of Design in Ahmedabad, and IIT Gandhinagar, and international expos like Dubai Expo provide students with a well-rounded and immersive learning experience.
- To instil an understanding of the relationship between design and art with society and their responsibility to the cultural environment.
- To nurture the ability to engage in independent and contextually informed artistic practice.
- To build a capacity for critical evaluation of relevant scholarly literature and artistic practice.
Major Career Tracks
- Product Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Junior/Senior Industrial/Product Designer
- Design researcher
- UX (User Experience) Designer
- Interaction Designer
- UX/UI designer
- Interface Designer
- Visual designer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer