To promote research, innovation and technology development for better future.
To inculcate, nurture and develop research aptitude in the minds of undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate and doctoral students and teaching faculty to undertake research for the benefit of society, nation and the globe.
Director ‘s Message
Welcome to the Post Graduate School of MIT-WPU.
MIT-WPU offers research and innovation programme which is ‘research for relevance’ in wide variety of specializations in the area of Engineering, Management, Commerce and Social Sciences.
The faculty is committed to promote research, innovation and technology for better future by supporting our students in solving research problems.
Our aim is to inculcate, nurture and develop research aptitude in the minds of students at undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level and to undertake research for the benefit of global society.
We are confident that, the Doctor of Philosophy degree sought by learners at MIT-WPU who will be develop a life-long curiosity as well as compassion towards the world around them.
The students earning a doctoral degree from MIT-WPU will become productive world citizens in industry, government laboratories, and universities within India and around the world. These students will also possess strong written and oral communication skills. In sequel, they will have explored the theoretical, the experimental, and the computational methods of research and development specializing in at least two of these.These skills will enable graduates from the programme to succeed in their life missions including knowledge and wealth creation by entrepreneurship and employment.
Our Doctoral Programme aims to provide research scholars, an unparalleled expertise and in-depth knowledge of the selected area of specialization under the guidance of learn faculty, supported by the external experts through various industry- academia collaborations within and outside India.
We welcome you to Post Graduate School of MIT-WPU.
Dr. Dinkar Kharat
Professor and Associate Dean,
Research and Innovation,
MIT World Peace University (MIT-WPU), Pune-411038.
BIOINSPIRED OPTIMIZATION RESEARCH GROUP
Bioinspired Optimization Techniques refers to all the algorithms having origin inspired from biological phenomenon. It includes Evolutionary Algorithms, Swarm Intelligence and Nature Inspired Algorithms. These have proven to be more versatile than traditional due to lot of advantages as populations based, random yet systematic, avoiding local minima etc. The research group is working on the algorithms developments & modifications, developing constraint handling methods and applying primarily to Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering. Some of the techniques worked on are listed below.
- Genetic Algorithm
- Simulated Annealing
- Particle Swarm Optimization
- Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm
- Harmony Search Algorithm
- Ant Colony Optimization
- Teaching-Learning Based Optimization
- Cuckoo Search Algorithm
- Firefly Algorithm
- Bacteria Foraging Optimization
- Grey wolf Optimization Algorithm
- Ant-Lion Optimization Algorithm
- Bat algorithm
- Multi-objective and Many-Objective Optimization Techniques and their applications
Prof. Dr. Ganesh M. Kakandikar
Dr. Ganesh Kakandikar is presently Professor in School of Mechanical Engineering. He has completed his Ph.D. from Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded. He has total 19 years of teaching experience. His area of expertise are Bioinspired Optimization, Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing/Engineering and Sheet Metal Forming. He has more than 55 National and International publications. He has Authored 03 International books.
Asst. Prof. Omkar Kulkarni
Mr. Omkar Kulkarni is currently working as Assistant Professor School of Mechanical Engineering. He has completed his Masters form Savitribai Phule Pune University. His area of interest is Bio-Inspired Optimization Algorithms. He has 15 National and International publications including conferences
Mr. Sushant Mhatugade
Sushant Mhatugade is currently pursuing his post graduate degree in Design Engineering at Department of Mechanical Engineering, MAEER’s Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Kothrud, Pune. Currently he is working on project named “Multi-objective optimization of mono composite leaf spring”. His areas of interest are Optimization-Using FEA software, Nature inspired, Bio-inspired and Swarm inspired optimization algorithms.
Mr. Gyan Patel
Gyan Patel is currently pursuing his post graduate degree in Design Engineering at Department of Mechanical Engineering Dr. Vishwanath Karad M.I.T. World Peace University. He has completed his graduation from Gujarat Technical University. His areas of interest are design of automobile parts, Constraint Handling in Optimization.
Mr. Avinash Mohan Bhat
Avinash M. Bhat is currently pursuing his post graduate degree in Design Engineering at Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Vishwanath Karad M.I.T. World Peace University, Kothrud, Pune. He has completed his graduation from Goa University. His areas of interest are Design of Automobile components, Advanced Composites and Optimization.
Publications : - International Journals
- Kakandikar G. M., & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Deep Drawing Process Optimization – An Evolutionary Approach International Journal of Advances in Machining and Forming Operations, Serial Publications, Delhi July-December 2009, pp 33-43, ISSN: 0975-4784.
- Kakandikar G.M, Darade P.D. & Dr. Nandedkar V.M Applications of Evolutionary Algorithms to Sheet Metal Forming Processes – A Review International Journal of Machine Intelligence, Volume-I, Issue-II, 2009, pp 47-49, ISSN: 0975–2927. [IC: 4.45] [Indexed by Thomson Web of Science]
- Kakandikar G.M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Some Studies on Forming Process Optimization with Genetic Algorithm an International Journal of Optimization and Control: Theories & Applications, 2012, Vol.2, No.2, pp.105-112, ISSN: 2146-0957. [IC Value: 3.00] [DOI: 10.11121/ijocta.01.2012.0047]
- Kakandikar G.M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Spring Seat Forming Optimization with Genetic Algorithm International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology (IJCAET), Inderscience Publisher, Vol.5, No.4, 2013, pp 362-374, ISSN (Online): 1757-2665, ISSN (Print): 1757-2657. [Indexed by Scopus]
- Kale P.D., Naik S.B. & Kakandikar G.M. Heat Shield Formability Analysis with Taguchi Design of Experiments Trends in Advanced Science and Engineering, Science Road Publishing Corporation, Australia. TASE 5(1) pp 66-71, 2012, ISSN: 2251-6557.
- Trupti Bhoskar, Omkar K Kulkarni, Ninad K Kulkarni, Sujata L Patekar, Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar, Genetic Algorithm and Its Applications to Mechanical Engineering: A Review Materials Today: Proceedings, Elsevier, Volume 2, Issues 4–5, 2015, pp 2624-2630, ISSN: 2214-7853. [Indexed by Scopus]
- Ninad K Kulkarni, Sujata L Patekar, Trupti Bhoskar, Omkar K Kulkarni, Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar, Particle Swarm Optimization Applications to Mechanical Engineering- A Review Materials Today: Proceedings, Elsevier, Volume 2, Issues 4–5, 2015, pp 2631-2639, ISSN: 2214-7853. [Indexed by Scopus]
- Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar, Prediction and Optimization of Thinning in Automotive Sealing Cover Using Genetic Algorithm Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, Elsevier, Volume 3, Issue 1, January 2016, Pages 63–70. ISSN 2288-4300 [Indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters) and Scopus]
- Ms. Anuja. S. Joshi, Mr. Omkar Kulkarni, Dr. Kakandikar G. M., Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Cuckoo Search Optimization- A Review Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol.4, Issue 8, 2017, Pages 7262-7269, Elsevier, ISSN: 2214-7853. [Indexed by Scopus]
- Omkar Kulkarni, Ninad Kulkarni, Anand J. Kulkarni & Dr. Ganesh Kakandikar Constrained Cohort Intelligence using Static and Dynamic Penalty Function Approach for Mechanical Components Design, International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems, ISSN: 1744-5760 (Print) 1744-5779 (Online), DOI: 10.1080/17445760.2016.1242728. [Indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters) and Scopus]
- Abhishek Neve, Dr. Ganesh Kakandikar & Omkar Kulkarni, Application of Grasshopper Optimization Algorithm for Constrained and Unconstrained Test Functions, International Journal of Swarm Intelligence and Evolutionary Computation, Volume 6, Issue 3, 2017.
- Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar, Springback Optimization in Automotive Shock Absorber with Genetic Algorithm, Manufacturing Reviews, Online. [Indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters) and Scopus].
Publications : - National Journals
- Kakandikar G. M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Particle Swarm Optimization Technique Industrial Engineering Journal, Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering, Navi Mumbai. Special Issue – 2006 pp 77-79.
- Sujata Patekar, Ninad Kulkarni, Trupti Bhoskar, Omkar K Kulkarni, Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar Applications of Teaching Learning Based Optimization to Mechanical Engineering: A Review Industrial Engineering Journal, Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai. Nov.2015.
- Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar Thinning Optimization in Punch Plate using Flower Pollination Algorithm Technical Journal of The Institution of Engineers, Pune Local Centre, Vol.39, Nov. 2015, pp 346-351, ISBN 978-81-924990-2-4.
- Omkar K Kulkarni, Ninad K Kulkarni, Trupti Bhoskar, Sujata L Patekar, Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar Ant Colony Optimization and Its Applications to Mechanical Engineering: A Review Industrial Engineering Journal, Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, Vol. IX, Issue II, February 2016.
- Omkar K Kulkarni, Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Dr. V. M. Nandedkar Numerical Process Modeling & Analysis for Optimization of Thinning in Automotive Cup, with Two Collars Technical Journal of The Institution of Engineers, Pune Local Centre, Vol. 40, Nov. 2016, ISBN 978-81-924990-2-4.
- Kakandikar G. M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Optimizing The Design Variables In Deep Drawing Process For Automotive Component Using Genetic Algorithm International Conference on Production and Industrial Engineering [CPIE-2007] organized by Department of Industrial Engineering, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab in academic partnership with Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, New Delhi, 22-24 March 2007, page 90.
- Kakandikar G. M & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. A Genetic Algorithm Approach To The Optimization of Deep Drawing Process International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 02-04 July 2008, page 48.
- Kakandikar G. M & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Some Studies on Forming Parameters & Formability with Taguchi for Punch Plate International Deep Drawing Research Group Conference organized by Sheet Metal Forming Research Association, India at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay During 24-27 November 2012, pp 458-466.
- Kakandikar G.M & Dr. Nandedkar V.M, Relationship Modeling of Process Parameters for Wrinkling Optimization of Tail Cap – An Automotive Component International Deep Drawing Research Group Conference organized by Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland During 02-05 June 2013, pp 407-412.
- Dhanraj Shendge, Dr. G. M. Kakandikar and Omkar Kulkarni Design and Optimization of Castellated Beam using FEA, International Conference on Advanced and Agile Manufacturing and Agile Software Development, ICAAM-2016, SGGS Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded, India, 06-07 Oct. 2016, pp 242-248.
- Kakandikar G. M. & Miss. Sirdeshpande M. K. Bio Remediation of PCB’s and Role of Genetic Engineering National Conference on Pollution: Impact and Emerging Remedial Measures, sponsored by AICTE New Delhi and Organized by Gramin Polytechnic, Vishnupuri, Nanded, Nov. 26th, 2000.
- Kakandikar G. M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Machine Design Optimization with Genetic Algorithm National Conference on Machine Design organized by Amrutvahini College of Engineering Sangamner, Maharashtra on 27 & 28 Feb 2004.
- Kakandikar G. M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. On The Design Optimization Using Genetic Algorithm UGC National Conference on Advances in Industrial Automation, organized by M.B.M. Engineering College, Jai Narain Vyas University, Jodhpur, Rajasthan on 20 & 21 March 2004.
- Kakandikar G. M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Design Optimization of Disk Brake Using Genetic Algorithm National Conference on Recent Trends in Mechanical Engineering organized by SRES College of Engineering College, Kopargaon, Maharashtra on 23 & 24 July 2004.
- Kakandikar G. M. & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Computer Aided Design Optimization Using Genetic Algorithm National Conference on Recent Trends in CAD/CAM organized by Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Bidar, Karnataka on 29 & 30 July 2004.
- Kakandikar G. M. Pagare R. A. Shaikh J. K. Chakka Suresh Kumar & Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis of Nonlinear Himmelblau Function with Genetic Algorithm National Conference on Artificial Intelligence Organized by Department of Computer Engineering, Vidya Pratishthan’s College of Engineering, Baramati. 01-02 June 2007.
- Kakandikar G. M. Bhosle S. M. Darade P. D. and Dr. Nandedkar V. M. Recent Developments in Deep Drawing Process Optimization Regional level conference for teachers organized by Board of College and University Development, University of Pune and Sanjeevani Rural Education Societies College of Engineering, Kopargaon. 24-25 November 2008.
- MSc. Ing. Yudieski Bernal Aguilar; Prof. Dr. Ing. José R. Marty Delgado; Ernesto Valdez Infante, State-of-The-Art of Simulation of Sheet Metal Forming, Brief Overview International conference on Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Central Marta Abreu de Las Villas, Cuba, 04-06 November 2008.
- MSc. Ing. Yudieski Bernal Aguilar; Prof. Dr. Ing. José R. Marty Delgado; Ernesto Valdez Infante, Michael A. Rivero Portal, Jorge Sanchez gutierrez, Leidier Flaquet Pen, Planning & Programming Sheet Metal Drawing Processing Facultadeniería Mecánica. Universidad Central “Marta Abreu” de las Villas. Cuba.
- Orhan Gulcan, Nihat Gemalmayan, Optimization of Explosive Mass in Explosive Forming Process By Using Genetic Algorithm Erciyes University Journal of the Institute of Science & Technology, ISSN 1012-2354, Volume 27, Issue 04, October 2011.
- Jinesh Kumar Jain, Govind Sharan Dangayach, Gopal Agarwal, Evidence of Supply Chain Management In Indian Manufacturing Firms: A Survey International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 6(3): 198-209, 2011, ISSN 1750-9653. England.
- Nitin Upadhye, S. G. Deshmukh, Suresh Garg Lean Manufacturing System for Medium Size Manufacturing Enterprises: An Indian Case International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 5(5): 362-375, 2010, ISSN 1750-9653. England.
- Sinem Adiguzei, Determining Surface Residual Stress In Steel Sheets After Deep Drawing And Bulging Processes thesis submitted to graduate school of Natural & Applied Sciences of Middle East University, February 2011.
- Prasad S. Pandhare, Vipul U. Mehunkar, Ashish S. Joshi, Amruta M. Kirde & V. M. Nandedkar Optimization of Blank Holding Force In Deep Drawing Process Using Friction Property of Steel Blank International Journal on Theoretical and Applied Research in Mechanical Engineering, Vol-I, Issue-II, 2012 ISSN (Print):2319-3182.
- S. Prakasam and P. Thangavel Spring Back Effect Prediction In Wipe Bending Process Of Sheet Metal: A GA-ANN Approach Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 30th September 2013. Vol. 55 No.3. ISSN: 1992-8645.
- Nguyen Van Thanh To Study The Effect of A Number of Basic Technological Parameters of The Sheet Material Dam A Ph. D. thesis submitted to Polytechnic University of Hanoi, 2012.
- Jay N. Mistri, K. D. Kothari, Gaurav Kumar Sharma Experimental and Simulation Study of Deep Drawing Process – A Review International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development (IJAERD) Volume 1, Issue 6, June 2014, e-ISSN: 2348 – 4470, print-ISSN:2348-6406.
- Asif Sha. A, Dr. T.V. Sreerama Reddy, Shaleena Manafuddin, Dr. T. Sorna Kumar A Review of Soft Computing Techniques In Materials Engineering International Journal of Advanced Research in Engineering and Technology (IJARET), ISSN 0976 – 6480 (Print), ISSN 0976 – 6499(Online) Volume 5, Issue 10, October (2014), pp. 134-150.
- N. N. Kumbhar, Dr. A. V. Mulay and Dr. B. B. Ahuja Physical Replication of Human Bone By Using Direct Integration of Reverse Engineering and Rapid Prototyping Techniques 5th International & 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2014) December 12th–14th, 2014, IIT Guwahati, Assam, India.
- Naga Vamsi Krishna Jasti and Rambabu Kodali Validity and Reliability of Lean Enterprise Frameworks In Indian Manufacturing Industry, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture 0954405414555736 first published on January 12, 2015.
- Chandra Pal Singh and Geeta Agnihotri Study of Deep Drawing Process Parameters: A Review International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 05, Issue 02, February 2015, ISSN 2250-3153.
- Simulations in Medicine: Pre-clinical and Clinical Applications, edited by Irena Roterman-Konieczna, Published by Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co KG. ISBN 978-3-11-040626-9.
- Dr. Dhananjay. R. Dolas, Kuldeep. K. Jagtap Analysis of Coil Spring Used in Shock Absorber using CAE International Journal of Engineering Research ISSN: 2319-6890(online), 2347-5013 (print) Volume No.5, Issue No.2, pp : 123- 126.
- Shende Vignesh, Nibmalkar Hrishikesh, Pawar Sanjay, Thorat Vijay and Raut P.S. Magnetic Suspension System for Two Wheeler International Journal of Recent Research in Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Vol.II, Issue II, October 2015 – March 2016.
- Arif Ahmad Ansari and Prof. K. K. Jain, Finite Element Analysis of Helical Compression Spring for Two Wheeler Automotive Front Suspension Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches, March 2016, ISSN 2348-8034.
- Osama Mohamed Irfan, Influence of Specimen Geometry and Lubrication Conditions on the Compression Behavior of AA 6066 Aluminum Alloy International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 1, Dec-Jan 2015. ISSN 2319-2240. Pp 15-26.
- Dhiraj V. Shevale, Niranjan. D. Khaire Review on Failure Analysis of Helical Compression Spring International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR) Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2016.
- Jorge Sehara Catalá Process Optimization Drawing Sheet Metal Using Artificial Intelligence Tools, Undergraduate Thesis, Central University “Marta Abreu” of Las Villas.
- Shreesh V. Dhavle, Anand J. Kulkarni, Apoorva Shastri and Ishaan R. Kale Design and Economic Optimization of Shell-And-Tube Heat Exchanger Using Cohort Intelligence Algorithm, Neural Computing and Applications, 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s00521-016-2683-z, ISSN: 0941-0643.
- Gonfa Angasu and K. Srinivasulu Reddy, Deep Drawing Process Parameters: A Review, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, Vol.6, No.4, Aug 2016, E-ISSN 2277 – 4106, DOI: dx.doi.org/10.14741/Ijcet/22774106/6.4.2016.20.
- V. C. Sathish Gandhi, R. Kumaravelan, S. Ramesh and M. Venkatesan, Computational Study of Coil Helical Spring: Automobile Clutch, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Applications, Volume 467 of the series Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 13 October 2016, pp 523-540. DOI 10.1007/978-981-10-1645-5_44.
- Aniket Bharambe, Magnetic Suspension for Motorcycles International Journal of Science and Research, Volume 5 Issue 9, September 2016, ISSN (Online): 2319-7064, pp 1092-1097
- Xiling Yao, Seung Ki Moon and Guijun Bi Multidisciplinary Design Optimization to Identify Additive Manufacturing Resources in Customized Product Development, Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, Available online 26 October 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcde.2016.10.001.
- Yasser Rostamiyan and Mohammad Abbasi, Genetic Algorithm Optimization of Initial Blank Shape in Deep Drawing of Stepped Work Piece, Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, September 10, 2016, doi:10.1177/0954408916669178.
- Sanjay K. Ansodariya and Bharat J. Kapadiya, Experimental And Simulation Progress On Deep Drawing Process, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Vol. 4, Issue 05, 2016, ISSN (online): 2321-0613.
- Arif Ahmad Ansari and Prof. K. K. Jain Review of Design and Numerical Analysis of Helical Spring Used in automobile, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Researches, Vol. 3, Issue 3, March 2016.
- R. Anil Kumar and R. Sri M K Naidu, Design Optimization of A steering Knuckle Joint Using FEA, International Journal Of Multidisciplinary Educational Research, Volume 5, Issue 6, May 2016, ISSN : 2277-7881.
- Ye Re-Jun, Research on Optimal Attack and Defense Decision of Network Security Based on Fuzzy Neural Network, International Journal of Security and its Applications, Vol 10, Issue 11, 2016, pp 317-324, ISSN 1738-9976.
- Prof. Ganesh B. Madiwal, Dr. S. A. Patil and Swapnil S. Kulkarni Optimizing the Process Parameters for Press Tool Die Trials to Realize Defect Free Parts, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Vol. 4, Issue 08, 2016, pp 608-611, ISSN (online): 2321-0613.
- N. Liu, W. Cao, Y. Zhu, J. Zhang, F. Pang and J. Ni, Node Deployment with k-Connectivity in Sensor Networks for Crop Information Full Coverage Monitoring, Sensors, Vol. 16, Issue 12, 2016, pp 1-23.
- Mithilesh Kumar and Chandan Guria, The Elitist Non-Dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm with Inheritance (I-NSGA-II) and Its Jumping Gene Adaptations for Multi-Objective Optimization, Information Sciences, Volumes 382–383, March 2017, Pages 15–37.
- Pilla Anitha and V. Hari Shankar Design and Topology Optimisation of A Steering Knuckle Joint Using FEA, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 6, Issue 11, November 2016, pp 311-316, ISSN 2250-3153.
- Gondi Prabhu Charan Teja, K.V.P.P. Chandu, Ch. Rama Krishna, K. Yasoda Sreeram Weight Optimization of Steering Knuckle Joint Using FEA International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 03, Issue: 12, Dec -2016, e-ISSN: 2395 -0056, PP276-281.
- Dhiraj V. Shevale & Niranjan D. Khaire Analysis of Helical Compression Spring for Estimation of Fatigue Life, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR), Vol-2, Issue-10, 2016, ISSN: 2454-1362, PP 2088-2093.
- D. Ramajogi Naidu, P. P. Dhanunjaya Rao Design and Analysis of Coil Spring for Two and Three Wheelers, Asia Pacific Journal of Research, Vol: I. Issue XXXIX, May 2016, ISSN (Print): 2320-5504. pp 182-187.
- D. Song Application of Improved Simulated Annealing Particle Swarm Optimization in Displacement Flow Shop Scheduling, International Core Journal of Engineering, Vol.03, No.10, 2017.ISSN 2414-1895
- Gaurav Saxena, Ankit Singh Chauhan, Rohit Jain and Ishwar Gupta Simulation and Optimization of wheel Hub and Upright of Vehicle: A Review, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, Volume 14, Issue 1 Ver. III (Jan. – Feb. 2017), PP 42-50, e-ISSN: 2278-1684.
- Nayan Kaneria, Darshan Shah, Rishit Rana, Vishal Shah and Parth Thakkar Effect of Different Parameters on Deep Drawing Process for Minimum Stress and Defects by Experimental and Simulation Study: A Review International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development, Vol.3, Issue 10, October 2016, e-ISSN: 2348-4470.
- Ruholla Jafari-Marandi, Brian K. Smith Fluid Genetic Algorithm (FGA) Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, Available online 9 March 2017 In Press, Accepted Manuscript
- Mr. S. R. Patil and P. S. Talmale Comparative Study of Coil Spring and Wave Spring-A Review International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, Vol.5, Issue 1, January 2016.
- Xiaoxia Yang, Bin Xue, Lecheng Jia, Hao Zhang Quantitative Analysis of Pit Defects in an Automobile Engine Cylinder Cavity Using the Radial Basis Function Neural Network–Genetic Algorithm Model, Structural Health Monitoring, 2016.
- Mr. Ankur V. Kamble, Prof. S. S. Patil and Prof. M. L. Harugade Developmental Design and Optimization of Steering Knuckle with Integrated Spindle, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Vol. 5, Issue 1, 2017, ISSN (online): 2321-0613.
- Rashmi Dwivedi and Geeta Agnihotri, Study of Deep Drawing Process Parameters, Materials Today Proceedings Vol. 4, Issue 2, Part A, 2017, Pp 820–826.
- Y Xie, S Chen, Q Ni, H Wu, Integration of Resource Allocation and Task Assignment for Optimizing the Cost and Maximum Throughput of Business Processes, Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, First Online: 09 May 2017, pp 1-19. doi:10.1007/s10845-017-1329-z.
- Chris E. Mohn Predicting Cation Ordering in MgAl2O4 using Genetic Algorithms and Density Functional Theory Materials and Manufacturing Processes [In Press]
- Ishaan R. Kale & Anand J. Kulkarni Cohort Intelligence Algorithm for Discrete and Mixed Variable Engineering Problems International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems [In Press]
- Dipti Kapoor Sarmaha and Anand Kulkarni JPEG based Steganography Methods using Cohort Intelligence with Cognitive Computing and Modified Multi Random Start Local Search Optimization Algorithms, Information Sciences, Available online 22 November 2017.
- Abhijit Dey, Mriganav Debnath, and Krishna Murari Pandey Analysis of Effect of Machining Parameters During Electrical Discharge Machining Using Taguchi-Based Multi-Objective PSO International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Applications, Volume 16, Issue 02, June 2017.
- Dipti Kapoor Sarmah and Anand J. Kulkarni Image Steganography Capacity Improvement Using Cohort Intelligence and Modified Multi-Random Start Local Search Methods, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Special Issue – Computer Engineering and Computer Science
First Online: 28 July 2017.
- Mohsen Asadnia, Ajay Giri Prakash Kottapalli and Majid Ebrahimi Warkiani An Accurate PSO-GA Based Neural Network to model Growth of Carbon Nanotubes, Journal of Nanomaterials, Online in July 2017.
- Sushama S. Bobade and Tushar Y. Badgujar A State of Art in A Sheet Metal Stamping Forming Technology – An Overview, International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education, Vol-3, Issue-3 2017.
- Naga Vamsi Krishna Jasti An Empirical Investigation of Lean Enterprise in Indian Industry Ph.D. Thesis Submitted to Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani. 2014.
- K.A.Zakaria, F.H.A.Suhadak, A.E.M.Razalli and M.S.Kassim Fatigue Damage Analysis of Automobile Steering Knuckle using Finite element Analysis, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol.12, No.14, July 2017, pp 4225 – 4228.
- M. Shahrouzi and H. Farah-Abadi A Fast Fuzzy-Tuned Multi-Objective Optimization for Sizing Problems, International Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering, Vol. 8, Issue 1 pp 53-75.
- Pritesh Shah, Sudhir Agashe and Anand J Kulkarni Design of Fractional Piλdµ Controller Using The Cohort Intelligence Method, Frontiers of Information Technology & Electronic Engineering
- F. Marandi and S.H. Zegordi Integrated Production and Distribution Scheduling for Perishable Products, Scientia Iranica E Vol. 24, Issue 4, pp 2105- 2118, 2017.
- Omid Bozorg-Haddad, Mohammad Solgi and Hugo A. Loáiciga, Genetic Algorithm – Meta Heuristic and Evolutionary Algorithms for Engineering Optimization, 2017, John Wiley & Sons, Incorporations, DOI: 10.1002/9781119387053.ch4.
- Lip Huat Saw, Li Wen Ho, Ming Chian Yew, Farazila Yusof, Nugroho Agung Pambudi, Tan Ching Ng, Ming Kun Yew Sensitivity Analysis Of Drill Wear And Optimization Using Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy –Genetic Algorithm Technique Toward Sustainable Machining, Journal of Cleaner Production, Available online 30 October 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.10.303
- Hanh C. Nguyen, Shigeru Nagasawa and Kensei Kaneko Optimizing boundary surface of ceramics die in deep drawing process, Transactions on GIGAKU, Vol. 4, Issue 1, 2017, pages 1-7.
- P Roychowdhury, S. Mehra, R Devarakonda, Prakhar Shrivastava, Siddharth Basu and Anand J Kulkarni A Self-organizing Multi-Agent Cooperative Robotic System: An Application of Cohort Intelligence Algorithm, Research gate.
- SitiHafawati Jamaluddin, Norwaziah Mahmud et al, Particle Swarm Optimization: Optimizing Transportation Cost Problem, Computing Research & Innovation book edited by Mahfudzah Othman, Mohammad Hafiz Ismail, Nadia Abdul Wahab (CRINN) Vol 2, October 2017, pp 116.
- Luis Fabian Fuentes-Cortes and José María Ponce-Ortega, Perspectives for Implementing Distributed Generation in Developing Countries through Modelling Techniques, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, online November 16, 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.7b03359.
- Rahida Wati Sharudin, Norshawalina Muhamad Ajib, Marina Yusoff, and Mohd Aizad Ahmad Swarm Intelligence Application for Optimization of CO2 Diffusivity in Polystyrene-Bpolybutadiene-B-Polystyrene (SEBS) foaming, Advanced Materials for Sustainability and Growth AIP Conf. Proc. 1901, 060002 (2017). Pp 060002-1 to 060002-7.
- KR Kashyzadeha, GH Farrahi, M. Shariyat and M. T. Ahmadian, Experimental and Finite Element Studies on Free Vibration of Automotive Steering Knuckle, International Journal of Engineering, Transactions B: Applications, Vol.30, No.11, Nov. 2017, pp 1776-1783.
- Lata Nautiya, Preeti Shivach and Mangey Ram, Optimal Designs by Means of Genetic Algorithms, Book: Soft Computing Techniques and Applications in Mechanical Engineering, IGI Global, 2018, pp 151-161.
- de Oliveira, A., Campos, C., Peralta, A., Neto, R. et al., Parameters Estimation of a Tire Model Based on Julien’s Theory, SAE Technical Paper 2017-36-0177, 2017.
- Xuenan Zhang, Juan Hong and Zhuoyue Song, PSO-based Design of PID Controller with Notch Filter for Flexible Structures, The 7th International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Applications, Beijing, P.R. China, Nov.3-6, 2016.
- S. Madhusudhanan, I. Rajendran, B. Raguganeshkumar, Fatigue Analysis of Steering Knuckle using Finite Element Simulation: Technical Note, International Journal of Vehicle Structures & Systems, Vol 9, No 3, 2017.
- Tushar Y. Badgujar and Vijay P. Wani, Optimization of Stamping Process Parameters for Material Thinning with Design of Experiment Approach, IVth International Conference On Production and Industrial Engineering, CPIE-2016, Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar-144011, India.
- Xuewen Wang, Bo Li, and Zhaojian Yang, Finite Element Analysis and Lightweight Optimization Design on Main Frame Structure of Large Electrostatic Precipitator, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering Volume 2018.
- Alain Desrochers and Ahmed Maslouhi Design and Performance Based Optimization of an Aluminium Structure Assembled using Elastic Fastening, Engineering Structures, 2017.
- Caroline Goulart Campos, André Noronha de Oliveira, Alejandro Oscar Peralta, Ricardo Teixeira da Costa Neto, Aldélio Bueno Caldeira, Suspension Parameters Estimation of a RWD Vehicle, SAE Technical Paper, 26th SAE BRASIL International Congress, 2017-36-0382, 2017.
- Yixiong Feng, Runjie Lu, Yicong Gao, Hao Zheng, Yushan Wang Wenjia Mo Multi-Objective Optimization of VBHF in Sheet Metal Deep-Drawing Using Kriging, MOABC, and Set Pair Analysis, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Online 28 Feb 2018, pp 1-12.
- Reza Setyo Darmawan, Agus Dwi Anggono and Abdul Hamid Die Design Optimization on Sheet Metal Forming with Considering the Phenomenon of Springback to Improve Product Quality, The 2nd International Conference on Engineering and Technology for Sustainable Development, Volume 154, 2018, online:28 February 2018.
- Gopireddy Akhil Kumar Reddy and Dr. G. Maruthi Prasad Yadav, Modelling and Analysis of Two Wheeler Shock Absorber for Optimum Performance, International Journal of Engineering Trends and Applications, Volume 5, Issue 2, Mar-Apr 2018. Pp 7-13.
- A. AsifSha and Shaleena Manafuddin, Optimization of Sheet Metal Forming using Advanced Nature Inspired Algorithm, International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, November 2017, Vol.07, Issue 11, pp 15508-15514.
- Ch. Syam Kumar, B. Kiran Kumar, J. Kantha Rao and R. Anil Kumar Design Optimisation of a Steering Knuckle Component Using Conservative Method of Finite Element Analysis, International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, Volume 5, Issue XI, November 2017, pp 525-532.
- Omkar. S. Jagtap and Mathew. V. Karvinkoppa, Socio-Inspired Optimization-Cohort Intelligence Algorithm, Vishwakarma Journal of Engineering Research, Vol. 2, Issue 1, March 2018, pp 41-45, ISSN: 2456-8465.
- Poulami Das, Sudip Kumar Naskara and Sankar Narayan Patra, Hardware efficient FIR filter design using Global Best Steered Quantum Inspired Cuckoo Search Algorithm, Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 71, October 2018, pp 1-19.
- M. Sharma, G. Singh and R. Singh, Clinical Decision Support System Query Optimizer Using Hybrid Firefly and Controlled Genetic Algorithm, Journal of King Saud University – Computer and Information Sciences, Available online 18 June 2018, pp 1-12.
- Raut Nikhil and N. S. Dharashivkar, Tensile Stress Analysis of Steering Knuckle of an Automobile under Static Load, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 13, Issue 11, 2018, pp. 9241-9244.
- M. Goodarzi and Y Vander Heyden, Chromatographic Applications of Genetic Algorithms, Chemometrics in Chromatography, edited by Lucasz Komsta, Yvan Vander Heyden and Joseph Sherma, 2018.
BOOK: Ganesh Kakandikar, Vilas Nandedkar, “Sheet Metal Forming Optimization: Bio Inspired Approaches” CRC
Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
BOOK: Ganesh Kakandikar, Vilas Nandedkar, “Evolutionary Optimization of Sheet Metal Forming: Cylindrical Automotive Components”, Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany ISBN-978-3-659-15968-8. Published on 06th December 2012.
Students can apply for a Doctoral programme study at MIT-WPU in below mentioned streams-
Environment and climate
Information and communication technologies
Nano materials technologies
Security and Defence etc.
Master’s degree in respective stream from any statutory university (minimum 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average) OR M.Phil. Degree Successfully Completed
For Foreign Candidate
Master Degree in Respective Stream from Accredited foreign University (minimum 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average )
For Reserved categories/Differently-abled
All admissions for Ph.D. program will be through an Entrance Test conducted by Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University.
Admission to Ph.D. Program will be a two staged process
Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET)
Candidates who are qualified UGC NET/SET/JRF will be exempted only from Ph.D. Entrance Test.
Ph.D. Program offered by the MIT – World Peace University is a unique opportunity for researchers and professionals belonging to academia and industry to excel in the field of Research. Our Doctoral Programmes give research scholars, an unparalleled expertise and in-depth knowledge of the selected area of specialization under the respective faculty. These programmes offer a wide variety of specializations in the area of Engineering, Science, Management, Commerce and Liberal Arts.
Duration of Program:
Ph.D. programme will be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years.
Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the University.
The women candidates and Persons with Disability (more than 40% disability) will be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of M.Phil. /Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
The credit assigned to the Ph.D. course work will be a minimum of 08 and a maximum of 16 credits.
All candidates admitted to the Ph.D. programs are to be required to complete the course work prescribed by the Department during the initial one or two trimester /semesters.
Candidates who are already holding M.Phil. degree & those who have already completed the course work in M.Phil. will be to proceed to the Ph.D. in integrated course, may be exempted by the Department from the Ph.D. course work.
Ph. D. Admission:
The Ph.D. programme of MIT-WPU is open for the following candidate:
Full-time Research Scholars are those candidate who will be able to commit themselves full- time to carry out their research on the campus. Full-time Research Scholars may (if selected) receive a scholarship from the MIT-WPU Research Grant/ UGC/ AICTE/ any other sponsoring institute/agency to cover expenditure on research and living expenses. Full-time scholars may also be non-stipendiary, sustaining on their own and carrying out research full-time on the campus.
Part-time – Internal
Part-time Internal Candidates are those who are employed full-time at MIT-WPU and are permitted to pursue Ph.D.
Part-time – External
Working with MIT-WPU Centers for Research Institutes Collaboration (RICs):
University shall collaborate with other research-oriented organizations/institutes by exploiting knowledge, expertise and resources of each other. The eligible researchers from such institutes.
Candidate sponsored by industry, academia and research institute may admitted for this programme as per the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria For Research Supervisor /Ph.D. Guide:
Any regular Professor of the University/Institution Deemed to be a University/College with at least five research publications in refereed journals and any regular Associate/Assistant Professor of the university/institution deemed to be a university/college with a Ph.D. degree and at least two research publications in refereed journals may be recognized as Research Supervisor.
Provided that in areas/disciplines where there is no or only a limited number of refereed journals, the Institution may relax the above condition for recognition of a person as Research Supervisor with reasons recorded in writing.
Only a full time regular teacher of the concerned University/Institution Deemed to be a University/College can act as a supervisor. The external supervisors are not allowed. However, Co-Supervisor can be allowed in inter-disciplinary areas from other departments of the same institute or from other related institutions with the approval of the Research Advisory Committee.
The allocation of Research Supervisor for a selected research scholar shall be decided by the Department concerned depending on the number of scholars per Research Supervisor, the available specialization among the Supervisors and research interests of the scholars as indicated by them at the time of interview/viva voce.
In case of topics which are of inter-disciplinary nature where the Department concerned feels that the expertise in the Department has to be supplemented from outside, the Department may appoint a Research Supervisor from the Department itself, who shall be known as the Research Supervisor, and a Co-Supervisor from outside the Department/ Faculty/College/Institution on such terms and conditions as may be specified and agreed upon by the consenting Institutions/Colleges.
A Research Supervisor/Co-supervisor who is a Professor, at any given point of time, cannot guide more than three (3) M.Phil. and Eight (8) Ph.D. scholars. An Associate Professor as Research Supervisor can guide up to a maximum of two (2) M.Phil. and six (6) Ph.D. scholars and an Assistant Professor as Research Supervisor can guide up to a maximum of one (1) M.Phil. and four (4) Ph.D. scholars.
In case of relocation of an M.Phil./Ph.D. woman scholar due to marriage or otherwise, the research data shall be allowed to be transferred to the University to which the scholar intends to relocate provided all the other conditions in these regulations are followed in letter and spirit and the research work does not pertain to the project secured by the parent institution/ supervisor from any funding agency. The scholar will however give due credit to the parent guide and the institution for the part of research already done.
Research Advisory Committee and Its Functions:
There will be a Research Advisory Committee, or an equivalent body for similar purpose as defined in the Statutes/Ordinances of the MIT-WPU, for each Ph.D. scholar. The Research Supervisor of the scholar will be the Convener of this Committee. This Committee will have the following responsibilities:
To review the research proposal and finalize the topic of research;
To guide the research scholar to develop the study design and methodology of research and identify the course(s) that he/she may have to do.
To periodically review and assist in the progress of the research work of the research scholar.
A research scholar will have to appear before the Research Advisory Committee once in six months to make a presentation of the progress of his/her work for evaluation and further guidance. The six monthly progress reports will be submitted by the Research Advisory Committee to the University with a copy to the research scholar.
In case the progress of the research scholar is unsatisfactory, the Research Advisory Committee will record the reasons for the same and suggest corrective measures. If the research scholar fails to implement these corrective measures, the Research Advisory Committee may recommend to the University with specific reasons for cancellation of the registration of the research scholar.
Evaluation and Assessment Methods, Minimum Standards or Credits For Award of Degree Etc.
Prior to the submission of the dissertation/thesis, the scholar will have to make a presentation in the Department before the Research Advisory Committee of the Department concerned which will also be open to all faculty members and other research scholars. The feedback and comments obtained from them may be suitably incorporated into the draft dissertation/thesis in consultation with the Research Advisory Committee.
Ph.D. scholars have to publish at least one (1) research paper in refereed journal and make two paper presentations in conferences/seminars before the submission of the dissertation/thesis for adjudication, and produce evidence for the same in the form of presentation certificates and/or reprints.
The Academic Council (or its equivalent body) of the University will evolve a mechanism using well developed software and gadgets to detect plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty. While submitting for evaluation, the dissertation/thesis will have an undertaking from the research scholar and a certificate from the Research Supervisor attesting to the originality of the work, vouching that there is no plagiarism and that the work has not been submitted for the award of any other degree/diploma of the University where the work was carried out, or to any other Institution.
The Ph.D. thesis submitted by a research scholar will be evaluated by his/her Research Supervisor and at least two external examiners, who are not in employment of the University, of whom one examiner may be from outside the country. The viva-voce examination, based among other things, on the critiques given in the evaluation report, will be conducted by the Research Supervisor and at least one of the two external examiners, and will be open to be attended by Members of the Research Advisory Committee, all faculty members of the Department, other research scholars and other interested experts/researchers.
The public viva-voce of the research scholar to defend the dissertation/thesis will be conducted only if the evaluation report(s) of the external examiner(s) on the dissertation/thesis is/are satisfactory and include a specific recommendation for conducting the viva-voce examination. If the evaluation report of the external examiner of Ph.D. thesis, is unsatisfactory and does not recommend viva-voce, the University will send the dissertation/ thesis to another external examiner out of the approved panel of examiners and the viva-voce examination shall be held only if the report of the latest examiner is satisfactory. If the report of the latest examiner is also unsatisfactory, the dissertation/ thesis shall be rejected and the research scholar shall be declared ineligible for the award of the degree.
The University will develop appropriate methods so as to complete the entire process of evaluation of Ph.D. thesis within a period of six months from the date of submission of the dissertation/thesis.
Power to Revise, Modify, Amend:
Notwithstanding anything contained in the above Ordinances:
The Academic Council has the right to revise, amend or modify any of the above Ordinances from time to time, and shall be binding on all parties concerned, including the Students, Faculty, Staff, Departments, and University Authorities.
In case of a dispute, the decision of the Academic Council will be final and binding.
In case of difficulty in application of any of the clauses of the Ordinances specified above, the Vice
Chancellor shall have all powers to amend/modify/remove the difficulty in the relevant Ordinance.
Prof. Saylee Gankar – (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prof. Mrudula Kulkarani – (email@example.com)
Prof. Krishna Warhade – (firstname.lastname@example.org)@gmail.com)
Social Sciences & Commerce
Prof. S Haridas – (email@example.com)