Ph.D in Pharmacy
The PhD programme in Pharmaceutical Science aims to shape students into knowledge creators and researchers qualified to take on and tackle future research problems for the heath and peace of society. The programme provides an opportunity to conduct in-depth research on the latest developments in the field of pharmacy and explore solutions to the various challenges of cutting edge science and to support the pharmaceutical industry. The department has received grants totalling more than INR 3 crores from various government-funded agencies, and students have published over 300 articles in peer-reviewed journals to date. Additionally, students have the opportunity to participate in pharmacy fellowships and residencies. The PhD programme supports the building of researcher networks and the development and aims to provide students with a broad base of knowledge and expertise for their future careers.
Ph.D in Pharmacy
The following candidates are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme
Candidates who have completed:
i) A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institutions accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the commission from time to time.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of commission from time to time.
ii) Candidates who have completed the M. Phil programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of commission from time to time.
Reservation is applicable only to Maharashtra domicile candidates provided they submit the necessary documents for reservation before interview. Outside Maharashtra candidates will be considered in open category.II. Selection Process for the admission to the Ph.D. program
1. Candidates satisfying eligibility criterion shall be called to appear for the Ph.D. entrance test conducted by MITWPU.
The exemption will be given from Ph.D. entrance test for those students who qualify UGC-NET /UGC-CSIR NET /GATE (valid score)/CEED/GPAT (valid score)and similar national tests.
2. PhD entrance test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50% provided that relaxation from 50% to 45% shall be allowed for the candidates belongs to SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/Differently abled category, Economically Weaker section (EWS) and other category of candidates. The syllabus of entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific.
3. The interview/viva-voce will be conducted by the university for test qualifying candidates. For selection of candidates a weightage of 70% to the entrance test and 30% to the performance in the interview/Viva-voce shall be given. For GATE/NET/JRF /SET/GPAT/CEED qualified students, the selection will be based on Interview/Viva Voce
4. The recommended candidates will be intimated through email about their selection and the candidates will be offered Ph.D. provisional admission.
5. The eligibility of a candidate is provisional as per information provided by the candidate in his/her application form and is subject to verification of minimum eligibility conditions for admission to the program, educational documents and reservation documents (if any).
6. University keep rights to cancel admission of the Ph.D. scholars in the case of misconduct by the scholar, unsatisfactory progress/absent for consecutive two progress seminars, failure in any examination related to Ph.D., fabrication found in educational and reservation documents, candidate is found ineligible, involved in plagiarism in paper publications and thesis.
7. Provisional eligibility to appear in the selection process is no guarantee for admission to the program.
8. Candidates who will join PhD program full time, they will be provided with the stipend as per MITWPU norms.
9. PhD admission will be confirmed after successful completion of the course work with 55% or more as per UGC norms. Ph.D. programme should be minimum of three years including course work and maximum of six years from the date of admission to the Ph.D. programme.
10. A maximum of an additional two years (2) years can be given through the process of re-registration provided, however, that the total period for completion of a Ph.D. programme should not exceed eight (8) years from the date of admission in the Ph.D. programme.
11. Provided further that, female Ph.D. scholars and persons with Disabilities (having more than 40% disability) may be allowed an additional relaxation of two years(2) ; however the total period for completion of a Ph.D. program in such cases should not exceed ten (10) years from the date of admission of the programme.
12. Female candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave for up to 240 days in the entire duration of Ph.D. programme.