National Conference on Media & Journalism (NCMJ)
NCMJ was conducted on 21st and 22nd September , 2019 at World Peace Dome at Vishwa- Rajbaug , Loni- Kalbhor , Pune.
Media can play a crucial role in developing the peace processes, by enabling the underlying conflicts to be expressed and argued in a non-violent manner. The focus of the first MIT – WPU National Conference on Media & Journalism was Ethical Journalism. The theme of the round table Conference was to deliberate and figure out various measures, dimensions and way forward with regards to Role of Media to Promote the Culture of Peace in the World.
The conference theme revolved around role and contribution of media in spreading and promoting peace in global context, by engaging in credible reporting, representing balanced opinions in its news, editorial content, article, audio, videos and by opening up communication channels and platform to address the challenges as involved in covering conflict and as well as peace areas. The conference tried to address various issues including:
Role of Media to Promote the Culture of Peace in the world
1. Ethical Media – Foundation For World Peace
2. Digital Media And Prevention of Rumour Mongering
3. Role Of Journalist In Conflict Reporting
4. Glorious History of Indian Media: Retrospect’s & Prospects
5. Electronic And Digital Media: Self – Regulation
6. Fake News and Paid News: Myths & Reality
7. Challenges of Media Owners: Road Ahead
8. Media Laws & Security of Media Persons: A Formality Or Reality
MIT–WPU National Conference on Media & Journalism acted as a platform to sow seeds in creating movement by connecting youths with Media Leaders. The next conference will be held on 11th and 12th Sept 2020.Brochure >>>