All PCs in each and every lab of the department are networked. The network infrastructure underpins all IT services (including email, access to the web, research, teaching and administrative applications), telecommunications, library services and systems. A dedicated 2 Mbps Lease Line/ISDN Line ensures 24 hours fast connectivity to the world. To look after these requirements, a separate department is active on campus called “Corporate Information and Comp
MIT invests substantially in computer equipments and latest software to ensure that students have ready access to up to date technology. There is a dedicated Internet Center with a reasonable number of computers available to the students for web browsing. A centralized Internet browsing facility is made available for students and staff members. It is connected with a lease line, to facilitate high speed Internet surfing. State-of-the- art IBM servers are connected through a structured network. Printing facility is also made available for students and staff in the laboratory. To provide optimum browsing services to the students, the Internet Center remains open on all seven days of the week.
MIT-SOB houses a centrally air-conditioned computer laboratory with 180 Pentium IV dedicated workstations networked with two servers. Every Student has his own laptop (Issued by the Institute) to work with. Students have 24-hour free Internet access. In addition to this, the e-campus at MIT, Pune, with 800 computers is directly linked with MIT-SOB network with a dedicated lease line Internet connection with a bandwidth of 2 MBPS.
There is a facility for online teaching and practical. MIT-SOB has two server loaded with various software like Oracle, Visual Studio, Advanced Java, Page Maker, Corel Draw, Linux which are accessible from all work stations. Qualified lab assistants are available to guide students. The entire campus is connected with Wi-Fi network.
Wireless connectivity for students Laptop is provided throughout the campus . The 100 MBPs dedicated Internet connectivity caters the internet requirement within the campus on 24 x 7 basis. The students experience the best communication, co-ordination and collaboration with their faculty members, coordinators and team mates via personalized mail box on Microsoft office 365 . The Library is digitally available to students for their reference books within the campus. The IT Infra also covers the latest Licensed software’s for designing and Simulation of projects, statistical analysis and project presentation. Data access policies implemented via various servers using Microsoft technology. Dedicated laptops provided to every student makes online learning an accepted feature.
The in-house facilities include a 240-seater modern auditorium and a modern conference hall located at SaraswatiVishwa Building, ‘B’ Wing.
An all day cafeteria ensures refreshments for busy minds.
Outdoor and Recreation Facilities
- MIT-SOB has very active Sports Club. MIT-SOB not only believes in education but also the overall development of the students. Sports Club helps the students to learn various managerial skills that students may not be able to learn in a classroom (Leadership, co-ordination, Honesty, Sportsman Sprite).
- Sports Club organizes Indoor as well as outdoor sports and motivate and helps students to participate in various inter college sports events.
- MIT-SOB Sports has organized various inter college events. Through Spots Club students participate in various tournaments.
- MIT has playground where sports like Cricket and football intra college tournaments are organized on regularly basis.
- Sports Club also organizes Badminton tournament in WIE complex which the one of finest badminton courts in India.
- Institute also has in-house facility for sports like box cricket, table tennis, chess, etc.
- Sports-Club has also encourages girls’ participation by organizing cricket and Badminton tournaments especially for girls. . To encourage girls participation Sports Club has girl’s Sports Coordinator.
It is not all work at MITSOB, Pune. A state of the art gym provides the students ample opportunity to tone up their bodies in between bouts of exercising their grey cells. The gym comes equipped with a host of training equipment.
The yoga facility that the institute offers provides a refreshing interlude for the students. A trained yoga teacher puts the students through their meditative paces. The facility has been well appreciated by the students and is reflected in the focus and concentration levels attained by them.
Karate is another interesting way for the MIT-SOB Pune student to unwind. A trained fitness professional trains the students. This initiative is in keeping with MITSOB Pune’s credo to provide a healthy environment for the students – body and mind.