Operations Management is a multi-disciplinary field that focuses on managing all aspects of an organization’s operations to provide products and services. Operations managers apply ideas and technologies to increase productivity and reduce costs, improve flexibility to meet rapidly changing customer needs, enhance product quality, and improve customer service. The concerns of Operation Management range from strategic to tactical and operational levels, which involve designing, planning and managing the system.
Operations management is concerned with the efficient production and distribution of products and services and is a key component of any business. Making sure operations run smoothly is an extremely complex undertaking involving the coordination of employees, resources, equipment, and information across many different organizational levels.
MBA – Operations Management at MIT-WPU will give you the analytical approach and problem-solving skills that are required in this Technology and Information driven environment. The operations management curriculum prepares you for wide-ranging responsibilities and tasks in operations management focusing on Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Production Planning and Control, Project Management, Business Analytics and other elements related to operations in both manufacturing and service industry.
- To train students to manage and lead in all aspects of business, which includes operations management, supply chain management, project management, financial management, etc. Courses specifically emphasizing each of these areas and others essential for developing managerial leadership like organizational behavior are part of the extensive curriculum
- To develop students so that they make business decisions; this includes learning to apply quantitative approaches and to use computer programs and systems in bringing speed to business decision making.
- To enlighten students on what adds value to a process from a customer’s perspective and what degrades the value of a product or a service which in turn helps the student take effective decisions
At MIT-WPU after Trimester III every student has to undergo a 60 Days full time Internship Program comprising of a hands-on experience and a research-based project thesis to be submitted in Trimester IV. This project will give the student an insight of the practical world which student would face after completion of MBA Program, making the student well acquainted with the corporate expectations.
- Manufacturing Sector – SMEs and MNCs
- Service Sector
- Consultancy Organizations
- Oil and Gas
- FMCG Sector
- Logistics and Supply chain management
- Technology and Engineering Companies
- Automobile Sector
The two-year full time 6 trimester program of MBA Operations Management at MIT-World Peace University is a unique management program which incorporates practical industry applications with a rigorous, cutting-edge, research-based curriculum. Along with traditional teaching methods, this program offers following additional components;
- Contemporary & rigorous curriculum which is application-based dealing with live projects and real time problem areas
- Student-centred pedagogy involving Case-Based Method of teaching, Software lab sessions involving application of Operations Management tools, and the right blend of theory & practical inputs
- Continuous assessment system which evaluates the students every week
- Industry inputs through Advisory Board which is comprising of Operations Management Professionals across various sectors
- International Study Tour focusing on practical aspects
- National Study Tour giving a practical insight at practical operations
- World Peace Courses
- Rural Immersion Program
- Mentoring Program
- Student Enhancement Certificate Program
- Placement support
- Live Industry Projects & Summer Internship
- Value Added Certifications
- Guest Lectures
- Opportunity to be a part of organizing team of 3 mega National Events at MIT-WPU
- Teaching-Learning friendly campus & ambience
- Excellent core infrastructure like classrooms and Technology Labs
- Excellent support infrastructure like library, IT facilities etc
Program will have Trimester Pattern with total 6 trimesters spread over 2 years. Each Trimester will have Full Credit courses, Half Credit courses and specified certifications.Trimester I and II will be common for all the students. Trimester III onwards students will study the specific courses for the Operations Management specialization.Program also includes Rural Immersion Program, Internship Program, National Study Tour, International Study Tour, Live Project(s) and WPU Peace courses.
The MBA-Operations Management program follows the structure as below-
- Core Courses Offered: 17
- Elective Courses Offered: 14
- Summer Internship Project: 01
- Live Project: 01
- Certification Programs Offered: 02
- Seminars / Workshops / Conferences: 02
- Candidate should be graduate from any statutory university with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination
- Student should have valid score of entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MH-CET/ATMA.
- Student must qualify for GD and PI conducted by MIT-WPU.