Faculty of Liberal Arts, Science & Commerce Library
The Library has a collection of more than 9500 books for Liberal Arts, Commerce & Science Streams including General Subjects and Foreign Languages. It subscribes to over 29 National and International journals and magazines. The LASC Library is computerized & also has a collection of CD’s, DVD’s. The Library is automated and provides OPAC facility giving full information regarding books issued/returned/journals/CDs/DVDs etc.
- Access to online journals under UGC-INFLIBNET program
- Extended reading room availability
- Searching and printing
- Reference Services
- Inter Library Loan
- Online Public Access Catalogue
Open access system-
- The Library is kept open to students and faculty members without any discrimination and entry/access is checked with user ID cards. All the students, teachers and officials of the University are given ID cards and borrowers card for having access to library. Access to the library facilities is provided to all members of MIT-WPU.
- Two books are issued per student at a time on presenting his/her borrower’s card. The students can keep the book with him/her for seven days, which can be renewed for seven days. Also, one book is issued per student by submitting their ID card for overnight reading/references on demand.
Digital Infrastructure –
The Library resources are backed by updated digital infrastructure including-Computers, Internet, Bandwidth, Reprographic facilities etc.
- Desktop terminals are interconnected with LAN. Scanners and DVD writers are also available.
- Only Library members can avail the library facilities.
- Library provides internet facility for online search and full text e-journals.
- An in-house hands on training for online access is provided by the library.
These are shared through CLRC
IEEE (ASPP+POP) : http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp
Prowess : http://prowessiq.cmie.com
Springer Computer Science Engg.: http://link.springer.com
Elseviers Science Direct: http://www.scincedirect.org
N-List : http://nlist.nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/
Monday to Friday – 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Saturday – 9.30 am to 1.30 pm
Title Collections: 1672
Total Volume : 9500
Magazines/Journals/Periodicals : 29
Databases – EBSCO