MIT-WPU Faculty of Management (PG) students attend International Immersion Program at NTU & SMU-Singapore
Immersion Programmes are a part of the curriculum of management students of MIT-WPU. In-line with the vision of the MIT-WPU, Faculty of Management had organized the International Immersion Program for Golden Batch of MIT-WPU’s MIT School of Business (MITSOB) to Singapore from 6th to 11th August 2018.
The International Immersion Program had 160 students (1st Group) and was conducted at;
- Singapore Management University (SMU) – ranked #24 worldwide by The Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2017 from 6th to 10th August 2018 and
- Nanyang Technology University (NTU) – ranked 12th in the world and 2nd in Asia in the 2019 QS World University Rankings from 7th to 11th August 2018.
The entire International Immersion Program was conducted in three phases viz. Pre-visit phase which involved creating awareness amongst the students regarding the session topics through micro-websites of SMU and WPU; actual visit phase to SMU & NTU and attending the sessions; and Post-visit phase wherein students reflected their learnings from the Singapore visit to the senior office bearers of MIT WPU & fellow student colleagues. As is the practice in MIT WPU, the performance of the students in the International Immersion Programme was monitored and evaluated in all the above mentioned three phases with grading. The programme weightage was 2 credits.
Value Addition from Student’s Perspective :
- First hand Exposure to World-class educational systems
- Best practices in academics
- Understanding technologies of the future.
- Opportunity to interact with world-class faculty.
- Importance of research for the development of a country.
- Enhanced Confidence level & employability
Value Addition from Faculty’s Perspective :
- Combination of Traditional & Modern Delivery Methods for effective teaching
- Professional Approach in teaching-learning methods
- Planning & Execution of academic programmes
- Importance of research in faculty development
- Industry – Academia Collaboration and its impact on student learning.