Faculty of Pharmacy
Currently the MIT-WPU Faculty of Pharmacy Library stocks more than 13,406 books and more than 4,000 reference books. The library subscribes to various National and International journals and is divided into three sections viz. Stacks and Circulation, Reference and Journals and Bound volumes and Book Process section. A separate digital library is available for accessing E-resources and the library has a separate reading hall with a seating capacity of more than two hundred readers is available for extended hours.
The Library follows a standard procedure for Books procurement, which usually takes place once a year i.e. in the 1st and 2nd semester. Recommendations for Books are invited from Faculty, HoDs and Students before being procured. In exceptional cases, on urgent basis cash purchase of books is allowed with prior permission of the Principal only.
Circulation & Maintenance:
- Number of Books Issued
- Teaching staff – 15
- Non-teaching staff – 5 books
- Students -as per the rules displayed.
- Reference Books and Journals-available only for reading at the library and for photocopying.
- Stock Verification-Books stock is verified yearly and missing books are recovered from defaulter students.
- Journal Renewal-The subscription of all national and international journals are renewed yearly and bound volumes are kept in the library for reference.
- Question Bank-After every examination the question bank is updated with recent question papers.
- Library Software (Auto-Lib)-Software is maintained with regular backup. AMC is renewed on a yearly basis. The system enables management of entire collection of Books, Journals, Reports, Standards, Patents, Maps, Charts, Newspapers, Magazines, Audio-Visual Disks, and Digital Material. The system also facilitates all administrative transactions pertaining to Library Management.
- Library Security: At the exit counter one attendant is available. Bags are not allowed in the stack area.
- Number of Books Issued
Rules & Regulation
- Students are supposed to take the membership of the library by producing their fee receipt of the current year.
- Only Library members can avail the library facility.
- Enter the name in the entry register kept at the circulation counter.
- Home lending books and general books are issued to all eligible members.
- Students are permitted to borrow four books for the period of fifteen days.
- Borrowing of books can be made against the library card only.
- In order to get the books renewed, they have to be physically presented at the circulation counter of the library.
- Books are reissued only if there is no claim.
- Reference books, bound volumes, journals are not lent out of the library.
- Book in damaged condition will not be accepted from the reader.
- Loss of book must be reported immediately.
- The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc. while borrowing the book.
- Duplicate Library I card will be issued against the Borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misbehavior or misuse of the library.
- A late fine of Rs. 2/– is charged per day for the books overdue.
- Library provides overnight issue of text books for its users. Only one book can be issued to a student against library card, for overnight use to be returned the next day by 10.30 a.m. A late fine of Rs. 5/– per day is charged for overdue books.
Circulation Section & Reference Section – 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Reading Hall – 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
Title Collections: 13,406
Total Volume : – 13,406+
National Journals – 27,
International titles – 05
Online Databases: Delnet, J-gate pharmacy, Science Direct
Mr. Balaji D. Munde
Email ID: email@example.com