Faculty of Engineering
MAEER’s MIT Pune was established in the year 1983 and since its establishment, it has endeavored to develop various facilities required for building an environment conducive for effective learning. The Libraries under MIT Pune and MIT College of Engineering (MITCOE) are now under the MIT-WPU Central Library. The library is divided into three sections: stacks and circulation, reference and rournals, bound volumes and book process section. A separate digital library is available for accessing e-resources. There are two separate reading halls with a seating capacity of more than two hundred. The Reading Halls are open for extended hours.
There are desktop and facilities available in digital library .
Main objectives are –
- To provide open access to institutional research output by self-archiving it.
- To create global visibility for an institution’s scholarly research.
- Students are supposed to take the membership of the library by producing their fee receipt of the current year.
- Only Library members can avail the library facilities.
- Enter the name in the entry register kept at the circulation counter.
- Home lending books and general books are issued to all eligible members.
- Students are permitted to borrow four books for the period of fifteen days.
- Borrowing of books can be made against the library card only.
- In order to get the books renewed, they have to be physically presented at the circulation counter of the library. Books are reissued only if there is no claim.
- Reference books, bound volumes, journals are not lent out of the library.
- Book in damaged condition will not be accepted from the reader.
- Loss of book must be reported immediately.
- The readers should check the book thoroughly for missing pages, chapters, pictures etc. while borrowing the book.
- Borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted in case of misbehavior or misuse of the library.
- A late fine of Rs. 1– is charged per day for the books overdue.
Library provides overnight issue of text books for its users. Only one book can be issued to a student against College I card, for overnight use. A late fine of Rs. 10/– per day is charged for overdue books.
- Purchase of Books takes place twice a year i.e. in the 1st and 2nd semester.
- Requirements of the material to be purchased are invited form the staff members through HODs of the respective departments.
- For book selection, sometimes exhibitions are arranged by the vendors / publishers.
- Requirements are compiled by the library staff.
- Quotations are invited from vendors.
- In exceptional cases, on urgent basis cash purchase of books is allowed with prior permission of the Principal only.
- Teaching staff can borrow maximum 15 books and non-teaching staff can borrow 5 books for one Semester.
- Students can borrow their books as per the rules displayed.
- Reference Books and Journals
- Reference books and journals are available only for reading at library and Xerox purpose.
Circulation & Reference Section – 8.30 am to 6.30 pm
Reading Hall – 8.30 am to 8.30 pm
Title Collections: 35287
Total Volumes: 114595
Total Journals: 306
Mrs. Kalyani Gokhale
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org