Chemical Engineering (Ph.D.)
With an aim to foster high quality research, the MIT-WPU School of Chemical Engineering renders the best of technical expertise coupled with research competence. The programme is tailored to sharpen the candidate’s skill set thus facilitating the genesis of substantial research of distinction.
- Following courses shall be part of the Ph.D. program: Research Methodology, Research Proposal, Review Seminar, Mathematics for Engineering Research and Advances in Chemical Engineering.
- After admission, each Ph.D. student shall be required to undertake Course Work for a minimum period of one semester. The Course Work shall be offered with credit system and will be treated as pre- Ph.D. preparation. The total credit requirement for entire course work shall be 20 credits. Students are required to earn these 20 credits in maximum two semesters.
- Mathematics for Engineering Research will be based on the Advance topics from Engineering Mathematics. It will consist of minimum 15 units of 2 credits each. Contents for the Branch Specific Topics will be based on the advanced topics/technology pertaining to the branch. It will consist of minimum of 10 units with 2 credits each.
- The students shall be required to earn the credit for 2 units from Mathematics for Engineering Research and 3 units from Branch Specific Topics, related to their area of research, selected in consultation with the Guide and approved by the Head of Research Centre.
- Date of registration will be after successful completion of Course Work.
MIT-WPU Method of Academics
- Cutting edge Programmes with interdisciplinary knowledge to technically empower the candidate.
- A Revolutionary Education System that is flexible and continuously updated.
- Contemplates on the future requirements of students while grooming their current traits.
- The unique Peace constituent of WPU comprises of multi-faceted modules specifically designed for the holistic development of students and cover topics that lead to – Peace in the self, peace in communication, peace in family, peace in heritage, peace in nature, peace in scriptures, peace in business, peace in entrepreneurship, peace in society, peace in action.
- Evaluation pattern: Continuous evaluation, End Semester Examination, End Semester Presentation.
- The continuous assessment of all the courses of Ph.D. course work shall consist of assignments /case study / tests/presentations.
- The continuous assessment of theory course shall be evaluated on the basis of the class tests/assignments/case studies/quizzes. There shall be minimum two class tests/assignments/case studies/quizzes for each theory course. It shall be of minimum 25 marks.
End Semester Examination :
The End Semester Examination for the theory courses shall be conducted at the end of Course work. It shall weigh 100 marks and span a three hours duration.
End Semester Presentation :
The Research Progress Monitoring Committee duly constituted by the Head of Research Centre, shall review the End Semester Presentation and assign marks.