Meet the Dean
Hon. Dr. B. S. Kuchekar
MIT-WPU School of Pharmacy
Dear Students & Parents,
It gives me a great pleasure to introduce our institute MAEER’s Maharashtra Institute of Pharmacy (MIP), Pune which is established in the year 1997 under the dynamic leadership of Hon. Prof. (Dr.) V. D. Karad, Founder, Executive president & Trustee MAEER’s MIT, Pune. MIP, Pune is now part of MIT-World Peace University (MIT-WPU)-a Flagship University under MIT-Group of Institutions.
The Faculty of Pharmacy under MIT-WPU offers four years full time B. Pharm. course and two years full time M. Pharm. course (Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutics). We have Ph. D. Centre for developing excellent research facilities for the benefit of the students and faculty. Our devoted faculty, committed staff and student’s contribution has continued to make our institute proud. We have provided excellent infrastructural facilities and laboratories conducive for learning and growth. A well stacked library which has a vast collection of books, journals (National & International) and educational CDs, digital library support students for carrying out academic and research activities. We have emerged as a leading ‘Centre for Excellence’ in the field of pharmaceutical education and research. We have developed skilled manpower in the field of pharmaceutical sciences which helps in catering to the needs of healthcare system in India. Our institute has maintained excellent academic achievements along with achievements in sports, extracurricular and co-curricular activities for overall development of students.
Our trust MAEER’s has started Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad MIT World Peace University, Pune from the year 2017. The newly established University provides Value based education system to the students for the overall development as a good human being. We are committed towards the United Nations Sustainable Goals and will provide education and research facilities to the students through our unique WPU method of teaching to achieve the Goal of “Good Health and Well being”.
We have an active placement and counseling cell through which we guide the students to solve their difficulties and problems. The placement cell invites many reputed pharmaceutical companies for the campus recruitments. Our students are pursuing their career in different segments of pharmaceutical field like research & development, production, academics, marketing, and business etc. Activities such as pharmacy student interaction (PSI) club give our students a platform to showcase their extra-curricular activities. With all this you will find learning at Faculty of Pharmacy a rewarding experience.
We have a vision to become a global leading centre of Pharmaceutical Education and Research and I am sure that with the support of MIT-WPU Leadership, Staff, Students and Parents we will achieve our goals.
Hon. Dr. B. S. Kuchekar
MIT-WPU School of Pharmacy, Pune-India
Bachelor of Pharmacy
B. Pharm course is designed considering the needs of industry; the course gives more emphasis on development of skill and knowledge to take care of challenges and opportunities. Department nurture an attitude conducive to self-learning, life-long learning and promote integration of professional knowledge and skills with research competencies. Department cultivate an inclination for higher learning, entrepreneurial abilities and research. Excellent facilities are provided to students for conducive learning environment. B. Pharm graduates are recruited by industry for various important functions such as Industrial pharmacist (manufacturing, packaging, quality control and quality assurance), Hospital and Community Pharmacist (dispensing of medicines and counselling of patients), Sales and Distribution executive (product management team, detailing to doctors and bulk distribution of m+edicines), Academic Pharmacist (training diploma in pharmacy students).
1. For Admission to First Year B. Pharm :
a) Maharashtra State Candidature Candidates –
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together
- Should obtain non zero score in MHT-CET 2018.
b) All India Candidature Candidates –
- The candidate should be an Indian National.
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biology and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the above subjects taken together.
- should obtain non zero positive score in NEET 2018 or the candidate should have appeared and obtain non zero score in MHT-CET 2018. However, preference shall be given to the candidate obtaining non zero positive score in NEET over the candidates who obtained non zero score in CET.
c) NRI / OCI / PIO, Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries, Foreign National –
- The candidate should have passed the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics or Biology, and obtained at least 50 % marks in the above subjects taken together.
- Any other criterion declared from time to time by the appropriate authority as defined under the Act.
2. For Admission to Direct Second Year B. Pharm :
- D. Pharm. students having more than 50% marks can apply for direct admission to Second Year B. Pharm.
NOTE : The rules & regulations as laid down by Govt.of Maharashtra, AICTE, PCI & Directorate of Technical Education from time to time, shall be applicable and binding to the candidate.
Dr. Bala Prabhakar: Dean, S. P. Patel School of Pharmacy & Technology Management, Mumbai
Dr. S. P. Boldhane : Vice-President, R & D Microlabs, Banglore
Mr. R. R. Kulkarni: Member (Ocean Herbal & Life Care Pvt Ltd. Pune)
Dr. S. Shimpi : Vice-president, centaur Pharmaceuticals, Pune
Dr. A. A. Giri: Senior scientist, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
Dr. M. D. Karwekar: Member, Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi
Mr. Girish Pargaonkar : Vice President, Alembic Phamaceuticals
Mr. Sushrut Kulkarni : Senior Vice-president, Zydus Cadia
Mr. Manish Mutha: Vice-president, Mexico
Mr. Shirish Kulkarni : Senior Vice-president, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Baroda
Events in association with industry and technical forums
Academic Year: 2016-2017.
|Sr.No||Date||Resource Person and affiliation||Topic||Audience||Remark/Co-coordinator|
|1||30.11.16||Dr. Mahavir Choughule, Missisipi||Multitarget based nanoparticle for lung cancer||Faculty, Ph.D. & M. Pharm||Prof. CD Bobade|
|2||20.7.16|| Dr. Sander,
Rasa Life Sciences, Pune
|Career opportunities in Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, Docking, Molecular modeling and Pharmacovigilance||Second and Final year B. Pharm||Prof. SA Polshettiwar|
|3||11.08.2016||Flt. Lt Dr. Sanjay Deshmukh||Development of Quality Man power for industry and other sector”||S Y B. Pharm.||Prof. GB Choudhari|
|4||22.02.2017|| Mr. A. Shirgaonkar,
CEO Insight System INC, Pune
|Personality Development and Job Opportunities||Final B. Pharm & M. Pharm|| Dr. AP Kulkarni &
Dr. SC Jagdale
|5||02.03.2017||Mr. Santosh Kadam, General Manager, Tulip Lab.||Quality Assurance and its Importance in Regulatory Compliance||Final Year B. Pharm students||Prof. GB Choudhari|
|6||23.3.2017|| Mr. MR Sant,
Executive – HR & Admin, Sci-Edge
|Carrier as Scientific Officer||B. Pharm and M. Pharm.||Prof. SA Polshettiwar|
|7||24.3.2017|| Dr. Santosh Thakkar,
Senior Scientist, Janssen R&D
|Pharma Innovation||S Y B. Pharm.||Prof. SA Polshettiwar|
Prof. (Dr.) Anil T. Pawar
Tel No. : +91-20-30273653.
Mr. Pankaj G. Shirbhate
Tel No. : +91-20-30273653, 30273673.