Message from Prof. Dr. Inder K. Bhat
Dr.Shri.Inder K.Bhat is an eminent academician and former Director of Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNNIT) Jaipur. He has been serving as senior Professor at MNNIT, Allahabad since 1994 and is now a part of MIT-WPU family as the Vice-Chancellor since April 2018
Prof. Dr. I.K Bhat completed his B.E. (Hons) from REC (NIT) Srinagar and M.Tech. and Ph.D. from I.I.T., Kanpur. He served in the Public Works Department of J&K State for 2 years, before beginning his journey as a Lecturer and Reader at I.E.T Lucknow.
He is considered as an authority on Quality of Technical Education and Teaching Pedagogy in the country. He has guided 7 Ph.D.’s successfully and several M.Tech theses. He has published over 130 papers in Journals, Conferences and Seminars.
Dr. I.K Bhat has delivered more than 150 lectures as a Guest invite in different institutions and organisations and has filed for six patents.
He was awarded with ‘Dr. Zakir Hussain Award for his Outstanding Contribution to Technical Education’ and also ‘Outstanding Contribution Award in Renewable Energy at MNIT-Jaipur in 2013’, Top Rankers Excellence Award-2015 for Industry –Institute Interface by Jindal Group , Best Director of Technical Institutions in India by ICSCI, USA in 2016, Ambassador of Telecom Sector Council, India in 2016.
We are most honoured to welcome Prof. Dr. Shri Inder. K. Bhat in the precincts of MIT-World Peace University- Pune, India.
Prof. I K Bhat is the first Vice Chancellor of Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University. He has been the Director of National Institute of Technology Hamirpur (H.P.), Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur (Rajasthan), NIT Delhi, NIT Jalandhar (Punjab) and IIIT Kota (Rajasthan).
He received B.E. (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Srinagar, M. Tech. and Ph.D. degrees from IIT Kanpur. He served as Lecturer and Reader at IET Lucknow and Professor at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad since 1994.
Prof. Bhat has excellent track record of quality teaching, research and institution building. He has supervised 13 Ph.Ds and several M.Tech theses in the area of Energy, Fatigue, Wear, Material Characteristics, and Academic Management. He has published more than 150 articles in Journals, and conferences/seminars etc. He has delivered more than 200 invited lectures. Prof. Bhat is a resource person on accreditation and staff development in the country and has conducted several dozen training programmes in teaching Pedagogy across the country.
Prof. Bhat has held many positions of responsibility
- Member Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE), GOI
- Advisor-1 in All India Council for Technical Education
- Member Secretary of National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Visitors nominee on Selection Committees of IIT Roorkee and Allahabad University
- Member of Engineering Evaluation & Accreditation Committee of NBA
- Advisor Member of Rajasthan State Human Rights Commission Jaipur
- Member on Task force constituted by MHRD on Skills and Employability
- Member, Joint Working Group (JWG) of Electronic System Design and Manufacturing of Ministry of MSME 2014-2016
- Member of the Governing Council of Association of Indian Universities
- Member of Governing Body of PMI (India)
- Member of Board of Governors of National Institute of Technical Teachers Training Research Institute Chandigarh
- Member, Board of Governors to National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology Hatia, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Member Academic Advisory Board of HAL Academic University, Bengaluru, 2014
- Member, Academic Advisory Board of Altair, Bengaluru, 2014
- Member Board of Management DTU Delhi since 2016
- Member Academic Council of J K Laxmipat University Jaipur
- Member, Standing Committee of NIT Council from 2009 to 2016
- Member, Board of Management of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Science and Technology, Jaipur since 2013
- Member Executive Council GLA University, Mathura
- Member of Senate of NIT Srinagar during 2006-2009
- Member, Advisory Board, G H Raisoni Group of Institutions Nagpur, INDIA since 2008
- Member Academic Council, Biju Patnaik Technical University, Orissa during 2003 -06
- Member, Board of Governors, K N Institute of Technology, Sultanpur U.P., INDIA
- Member, Board of Governors, Government Engineering College, Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Member, Board of Governors, Four RECs (Trichy, Calicut, Suratkal and Jalandhar) and IIIT Allahabad during 1999-2002
- Chairman, Centralised Counseling of M. Tech and M. Planning for 2012, 2013 and 2014 (CCMT-2012-2014)
- Chairman for several committees of UGC and NAAC for their teams for Grant of Autonomy and Award of Accreditation
Prof. Bhat has Contributed at policy level being associated in developing
- NBA Vision 2002.
- AICTE Vision 2015.
- Member, for framing of Regulations for NAAC
- Member, Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) since 2015
- Drafting first Statutes of NITs.
- Drafting IIIT Bill under PPP mode.
- AICTE Strategic Plan for Tenth Plan Period.
- Regulations of National Board of Accreditation.
- Regulations on Branch Change in under-graduate Programmes at AICTE.
- Guidelines on De-novo Deemed to be Universities.
- Ordinances for UG and PG Programmes at MNNIT Allahabad and NIT Hamirpur.
- Vision Document/ Road-Map of NIT Hamirpur, and MNIT Jaipur.
- Review of NIT System under the Chairmanship of Dr A Kakodkar 2013-14.
Prof Bhat has widely travelled abroad and visited several universities. He has participated in the prestigious Yale-India Leadership Programme at Yale University, USA and Visited Columbia University, New York State University, Stony Brook University and Cooper Union College under the aegis of this Programme.
Prof. Bhat has been awarded for Academic Achievements
- Dr. Zakir Hussain Award for Outstanding Contribution to Technical Education
- Outstanding Contribution Award in the area of use of Renewable Energy at MNIT Jaipur 2013
- Outstanding Contribution to Technical Education-2014 award by DNA and Star Group of Industries.
- Top Rankers Excellence Award – 2015 to MNIT for Industry-Institute Interface’ by Jindal Group Business School.
- CMAI and CCI Technology Education Excellence Award 2015 to MNIT for Best University Promoting High Quality Research at Masters and Doctoral Thesis work.
- ABP National Education Awards-2015 to MNIT for Outstanding Engineering Institution (West)
- Best Director of Technical Institutions in India, ICSCI, USA in 2016
- DNA Education Awards-2016 to MNIT for Best Performing Institution.
- Ambassador of Telecom Sector Council, India awarded in 2016
- 100 Most Influential Directors 2016 World Education Congress Mumbai
Prof. Bhat is a Fellow member of Institution of Engineers (India), Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) and Founder Member of Indo-US Collaborative Engineering Education (IUCEE).