Management education in recent years has moved beyond basic streams in line with industry and macroeconomic requirements. Management aspirants are also venturing to explore opportunities in upcoming streams beyond the essential fundamental ones. Marketing function is one of the most crucial and dynamic functions of any organizations and so are the rewarding careers in marketing.
In recent years, there is a great demand for industry specific skill sets. This has led to emergence of many specializations which are in line with dynamic industry demands which promise a good future for students to pursue their dream and ambitions.
Sports Management is one such fast emerging industry. Sports management includes business activities such as marketing, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, budgeting, client servicing, hospitality, contract negotiations, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), analytics, data and more.
- To explore current trends and key concepts in sport management
- To enable students to further develop analytical and decision-making skills and to encourage reflective practice
- To inculcate essential business & marketing skills blended with specialized knowledge in sports management that will prepare learners for career across various corporate houses spread across diverse industry. (Sports industry; Telecom; CSR; FMCG; Finance and more)
- To aim for holistic development of the students by inculcating business ethics and values with a broader objective of propagating the cause of world peace.
- A unique dual specialization approach of MBA in sports management and marketing.
- Credit System trimester pattern
- Unique WPU method comprising
- Global Leadership Programme-2 Weeks
- International Exposure-2 to 3 weeks
- National Study Tour-10 Days
- World Peace Courses
- Rural Immersion Programme-1 Week
- Competency Mapping of every student for better career planning and progression
- Courses taught by Sports and marketing experts as well as select foreign Faculty
- A dedicated last semester for Industry Internship besides Industry Project as well as Live projects.
- A well-recognized Advisory Board of National and International Experts from Sports and Marketing
- Mentoring Programme and Unique Progress Assessment tool of ‘Learning Diary’
- In-house sports infrastructure, tie ups with renowned sport facility centres and organizations
- Impeccable career opportunities through Placement support
The MBA in Sports Management Program comprises of 6 Trimesters and adopts the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and Grading System. A Continuous Assessment (Concurrent Evaluation) approach in Trimester system (also known as internal assessment) is spread through the duration of course and is done by the course teachers. The continuous assessment provides a feedback on teaching learning process. The feedback after being analysed is passed on to the concerned student for implementation and subsequent improvement.
- Duration of the Programme-2 years Full time Programme
- Programme will have Trimester pattern with total 6 semesters spread over 2 years
- Core Courses (100 Marks each): Full Credit Courses
- Electives Courses (50 Marks each): Half Credit Courses
- World peace course will be Half Credit Course
- Rural Immersion will be 2 Full Credit Course
- Summer Internship Project & Report will be 6 Full Credit Course
- Industry Internship will be 6 Full Credit Course
- Total Programme will be evaluated for 100 credits for 2 years
- Credit System
- Each Semester will have Full credit courses and Half Credit courses and specified Value added certifications. Credit system will be choice based
- Full credit Courses are mandatory while each semester students are free to select any 2 half credit courses from the comprehensive course basket offered.
- Specializations offered
- Dual Specialization in Sports and Marketing- From third semester onwards Marketing Specializations will be offered
- Total Programme Credits :96
- Candidate should be graduate from any statutory university with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination
- Student should have valid score of entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MH-CET/ATMA.
- Student must qualify for GD and PI conducted by MIT-WPU.
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their MH-CET/MAT/CAT/CMAT/ATMA/ XAT/GMAT Scores for appearing in the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).The final selection will be based on Entrance Score, Career Marks and Performance in GDPI.