MBA- Lighting & Energy Management
Lighting Industry is witnessing tremendous growth. Considering the demand and supply of lighting professionals, MIT School of Technology has launched MBA in Lighting and Energy Management.It is a unique program, first of its kind in the country on the education of Lighting with the aim of developing Professionals needed for the Lighting Industry. This course will bring awareness about this vital source of Energy, its optimum utilization and conservation aiming at ultimate saving of natural resources and Saving Environment. Specialized Job opportunities exist with Philips, Osram, Bajaj Electricals, Crompton Greaves, Wipro, GE and many more.
MIT SOT has a very well-defined academic delivery model which prepares our students for Global Professional opportunities. Our Programmes are supported by unique features-
- MOOCs– Integration with Massive Open Online Courses(MOOCs)
- Interactive Classroom Sessions-The contents are delivered through case studies, Assignments, quizzes and presentations by the students.
- Course Handouts-Faculty members prepare course handout which comprises of Course Plan, Case Studies and Session plans. A copy of course handouts is provided to the student in the beginning of every semester.
- Case Study Methodology-involves learning by doing and the development of decision-making analytical skills. Students gain confidence since it is “rehearsal for real-life problems”. Students are interested and it encourages collaborative learning since students work in a group and give presentations. The Case Study Methodology helps to provide far greater exposure, sharpen analytical skills, develop multi-disciplinary skills and ability to think and reason rigorously.
- Real-Time Academic Monitoring System (RAMS)– MITSOT has a very rigorous and robust check on actual delivery of the sessions with the help of very unique real-time system. Faculty members allocated with courses submit a plan of conducting classes, evaluation and covering the case studies before the commencement of the semester.
- Role Play-Role-play is an important tool to bring significant improvement in the analytical abilities, problem solving abilities and interacting and situation facing abilities.
- Corporate Assignments and Live Projects-These projects provide vital practical inputs to the students in understanding the concept and its practical applicability in the industry.
- Dynamic Curriculum-Upgradation of the Course structure, academic curriculum and examination process is a continuous process at MITSOT. A Board of studies meets regularly to finalise the course content at MITSOT. Program structure is designed under the guidance of core committee consisting of BOS members, eminent faculties from NUS Singapore, IIT Chicago, LSE UK, University of Dundee and Abertay University, Robert Gordon University UK, and faculties from IIM and IITs.
- Guest Lecture– Present opportunities to converse with professionals not only from the IT and Telecom industry but also from various other fields
- Workshops– Interactions with Guest Lecturers and Study workshops yields the much needed inputs for adding a value proposition to the portfolio of a student at MITSOT.
- Industrial Visits
- Interactive Learning– through book review, case-lets, talk-shows, outdoor projects, Article discussions, Group Discussions, Film, Games, etc.
- Management Learning Goals covering- Business Strategy, Moral & social aspects, Local & global Business Awareness, Self-awareness & professional skills, Business Communication
Duration of the Programme : 2 years Full time Programme
Pattern : Programme will have Trimester pattern with total 6 semesters spread over 2 years
Credit System : Each Semester will have Full credit courses and Half Credit courses and specified Value added certifications. Credit system will be choice based
Full credit Courses are mandatory while each semester students are free to select any 2 half credit courses from the comprehensive course basket offered.
Specialisations offered : Telecom Systems & Marketing / Lighting & Energy Management
Total Programme Credits : 96
Download Programme Structure : click here
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- The admission procedure includes Essay Writing on a contemporary topic followed by Group Discussion and two rounds of Personal Interview.
- Eligibility for Lighting & Energy Specialization – Any Graduate with Physics in 12th with consistent academic track record of 50% and above.The scores of competitive Management exams such as CAT / XAT / MAT (Sept, Dec, Feb & May) / GMAT (Taken in the last five years) / ATMA and CMAT are taken into consideration to filter potential candidates.
- Program & Intake- MBA (Masters of Business Administration) Lighting & Energy Management – 60 seats