The word ‘finance’ originates from the French and refers to the ‘management of money’. ‘Finance’, today, has emerged into a highly significant professional and academic discipline. The traditional role of Finance Manager was confined to three C’s Compliance, Cost and Control. In modern age, finance as a function takes a broader view on various business aspects, including profitability planning, determining the asset mix, risk analysis, optimal capital structure, financing, investment and dividend decisions as well as the direction of business growth. Financial markets across the world have undergone integration over a period of time. Therefore in a globalized business world, the role of finance manager demands even more rigorous financial management. A modern day finance manager should possess a balanced blend of management skills, financial expertise, administrative ability, technological knowledge, communication skills and decision-making skills.
Considering this paradigm shift in the financial markets and the role of corporate finance professionals, we at MIT-World Peace University provide an exhaustive and comprehensive finance specialization in our MBA program.
The MBA Finance curriculum and teaching pedagogy is meticulously designed to enhance the analytical skills of the students. This aids in building decision making and problem solving ability. The case studies, the immersive field based learning through rural, national and international immersion, multi-disciplinary inputs provided through team teaching approach of MIT-WPU and the choice based credit system cumulatively provide the lessons in exhibiting leadership roles within an ever-growing, ever-changing world of finance. The MBA-Finance Study Programme at MIT-WPU follows a unique WPU Method of imparting education which deploys best education & learning practices-
- CUeD- Continuously Updated Education Mechanism (CUeD
- Case Discussions that blend theoretical concepts & practical application
- Scenario Building & Role Play Exercises
- Hands-on Training through Software Tools and Lab sessions
- Continuous assessment system-ensures all students are kept at par with curriculum and at common pace.
- International Study Credits with Global Immersion
- National Study Credits
- World Peace Courses
- Rural Immersion Program
- Mentoring Program
- Student Enhancement Certificate Program
- Placement support
- Live Industry Projects & Internships
- Value Added Certifications
- Guest Lectures
- Opportunity to be a part of organizing team of 3 mega National Events at MIT-WPU
- Teaching-Learning friendly campus & ambience
- Excellent core infrastructure-Seminar Halls, Library, Technology
The specialization in MBA-Finance prepares students for careers in Corporate Finance, Personal Finance & Financial Services industry with job profiles like Investment Banking Associates, Research Analyst, Equity Researcher, Credit Managers, Finance Controller and many more. The selection of specialization courses is made after detailed discussions with industry experts. The content is designed by a team of academicians and industry experts to ensure that students gain in-depth knowledge in all major Finance aspects such as -Financial Statement Analysis, Corporate Finance, Banking Operations & Treasury Management, Corporate Valuation and Financial Strategies, Financial Derivatives, Business and Corporate Taxation, Financial Markets, Financial Services, Financial Modelling, Financial Planning and Wealth Management, International Finance, Merchant Banking, Micro Finance, Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, Strategic Cost Management, Venture Capital, Quantitative Finance, Fixed Income Securities, Behavioral Finance and Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance among others.
- Candidate should be graduate from any statutory university with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination
- Student should have valid score of entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MH-CET/ATMA.
- Student must qualify for GD and PI conducted by MIT-WPU.
Step 1 One National level exam with current valid score (CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MH-CET/ ATMA)
Step 2 Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test
- Entrance Exam score = 30%
- Group Discussion = 25%
- Personal Interview = 25%
- Past Academic record = 15%
- Work experience = 5%