MBA-Banking & Finance Services
The Banking and Financial sector has been witnessing phenomenal changes due to globalization, de-regulation, escalating competition, ever-increasing customer expectations for innovative products, new business models and sophistication in technology. This has resulted in greater requirement for qualified professionals in banking and financial institutions.
To meet the emerging manpower needs of this sector, the MIT-World Peace University has introduced a 2-year full time MBA in Banking and Financial Services from the year 2018 onwards. The program is designed to train aspiring students seeking a career in banking and financial sector.
The program is designed to be an in-depth curriculum which would equip the students with the necessary foundation of knowledge, analytical skills, and understanding of its application to the banking and financial sector. The curriculum ensures that the students develop a holistic perspective of the heterogeneous banking and financial sector enabling them to do justice to managerial positions in such organizations.
At MIT-WPU, we focus on an all-inclusive learning & development of our students, such that they become future ready professionals. The program makes aspiring MBA graduates aware of the social surroundings through Rural, National and International Immersion Programmes. These Programmes carry credits for all students such that, the exposure in rural areas will encourage them to work on studying and developing reports that formulate strong financial infrastructure for the rural and urban economy. Students get hands-on training in developing sustainable solutions for financial markets through a well-planned curriculum based on-
- Continuous Updated Education Mechanism- CUeD
- Case based teaching
- Interactive Guest Sessions with B& FS Experts
- Summer Internship in leading Public and Private Sector banks.
- Hands-on Experience in B& FS Projects
- Super Specialisations
- International/ National/ Rural Immersion program.
- State-of-the -Art Academic Infrastructure and recreational Facilities
- Student Clubs to provide opportunities for developing managerial skills.
- Word Peace Module
- Placement Support.
The two years MBA B & FS offers an in-depth understanding of subjects like Risk Management in Banks, Project & Infrastructure Finance, Treasury & Forex Management, Agri & Microfinance, Credit Management, Technology & Innovation in banking, Corporate Restructuring & Recovery, Behaviour Finance, Fixed Income Securities, Quantitative Finance, Insurance and Risk Management to name a few.
MIT-WPU follows a choice based credit system, wherein students can choose electives in 3 trimesters depending on their preference of work area in the field of Banking Officer and Bank Manager, Financial Analyst/ Research Analyst, Credit Rating Analyst, Insurance Advisor /Distributor, Fund & Portfolio Manager, Financial Planner & Wealth Manager, Investment Banker, Risk & Treasury Manager.
Along with the subjects and immersion study credits students have to also undergo a banking & finance project spread over two trimesters and a summer internship project for two months. The banking project provides an opportunity to implement the learnings of the subjects and understand the practical industry approach.
Eligibility Selection Criteria
- Candidate should be graduate from any statutory university with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates appearing for final year examinations can also apply, but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the qualifying examination
- Student should have valid score of entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/MH-CET/ATMA.
- Student must qualify for GD and PI conducted by MIT-WPU.